• Show
Clear All
  • 5kRunner
    • Aug 2007

Gossage is in.

Looks like Gossage is the only one.

SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    sigpic
  • reed1216
    • Feb 2007

Re: Gossage is in.

Good for the Goose!! He was one of the original, dominant closers and his enshrinement is well deserved.

I have always hated the Red Sox, but Jim Rice should be in too. From the mid 1970s to the early/mid 1980s, you'd be hard pressed to find a better hitting outfielder. I hope he makes the cut next year.

Comment

• perlman9
      • Dec 2007

I am a huge Dawson fan and know he is on the fence, but think the way he handled going to the Cubs and what he did his first year there is worthy of HOF mention, and if it wasn't for bad knees, I feel he would be a shoe-in. Anyway, congrats to Goose and good luck to Jim Rice for next year!
      Jason Perlman
      jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Comment

• JETEFAN
        • Dec 2005

I can't believe Raines, Trammel, and Concepcion got more votes than Mattingly !

Comment

• 3arod13
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by JETEFAN
          I can't believe Raines, Trammel, and Concepcion got more votes than Mattingly !
          Don Mattingly is a #1 select in the New York Yankee Hall of Fame. He is loved by Yankee fans.

Other than that, his back ruined what could have been a Hall of Fame Career.

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Don Mattingly. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com
          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• JETEFAN
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by 3arod13
            Don Mattingly is a #1 select in the New York Yankee Hall of Fame. He is loved by Yankee fans.

Other than that, his back ruined what could have been a Hall of Fame Career.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/mattido01.shtml

I agree........

Comment

• ahuff
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by reed1216
              Good for the Goose!! He was one of the original, dominant closers and his enshrinement is well deserved.
              I'm not as big of a fan. This Cubbie fan remembers too many hanging pitches. I'm glad for him, though.
              "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• XPFO
                Banned
                • May 2007

Todd Stottlemyre got a vote....what a joke.

Dave

Comment

• 5kRunner
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ahuff
                  I'm not as big of a fan. This Cubbie fan remembers too many hanging pitches. I'm glad for him, though.
                  I hear that.

I really hope Andre makes it one day. Of course he was my favorite player as a kid.
                  SCOTT
                  scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
                  sigpic

Comment

• bigtruck260
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by XPFO
                    Todd Stottlemyre got a vote....what a joke.

Dave
                    Someone must have owed him a favor. He was a tough kid when he was on...but not worthy of a HOF vote.

Dave
                    Dave
                    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                    River City Redbird Authentics
                    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• salukidave
                      • Jan 2007

I actually have a Gossage autographed game-used red White Sox cap.

Baines should have received many more votes.

Comment

• RobSteinmetz
                        • Jan 1970

I'm with you guys on Dawson.

With both Gossage and Sutter now in (both very deserving), I don't see how Lee Smith doesn't go in. This guy put up solid numbers on a bunch of bad teams, and held the all-time career saves record from 1993-2005 (until Hoffman broke it).

But then again, these are the same morons who didn't elect Santo.
                        Rob Steinmetz
                        www.authenticgamers.com
                        authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Comment

• skyking26
                          • Dec 2005

I think Smith will be in; Sutter set the stage for the relievers to get in. Will just be time.

I love Dawson. What he did as a Cub with the contract and all is unsurpassed. He did his job quietly. Not sure the numbers are there. If you let him in, bring in Murphy and Rice as well, as they are all great players. I think it is a package deal...
                          ROBERT KOPPEL
                          Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
                          and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• bigtruck260
                            • Sep 2007

You Cub fans and Ron Santo/Andre Dawson...

Dawson will get in, but if he does...so should Dale Murphy.

You shouldn't worry about Dawson. I think his all-arouind game gets him in. Santo is a bubble player - and though he was super popular in Chi-town, I did not grow up hearing stories about the "legendary" Ron Santo.

Granted Rob, you are probably a few years older than me (32)...and Sandberg was God when I was a kid - Santo was a broadcaster like Steve Stone and Haray Caray.

His stats are impressive> BUT No MVP's, no championship...almost zero stolen bases and a .277 BA are not what I would expect from a "player" HOFer, though he did have some Gold Gloves (5?). His charisma must have been something else...or you guys would not rave about him the way you do.

He is the equivalent of Ken Boyer in STL. Beloved by the fans and overlooked by many who were fans and not playing ball.

Just my nickel.

Dave
                            Dave
                            Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                            River City Redbird Authentics
                            http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• Eric
                              • Jan 1970

1975 Gossage White Sox

1976 Gossage White Sox

1978 Gossage Yankees Jacket

1981 Gossage Yankees

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

Working...