PDA

View Full Version : Game Issued/ Game Used

GoTigers
01-09-2008, 10:06 AM
This kinda goes along with "at what point do these become game used" I've seen a few bats recently that have rack marks, numbers on each end of the barrel in sharpie, but no tar, tape, or ball marks. Would you consider this game issued or game used w/ "light use"

I had previously thought that game issued meant that it was ordered, but never made it into the dugout. So there would be no numbers in sharpie on the ends of the bat, and no bat rack marks.

To me this seems like a gray area, b/c the bat was obvioulsy in the rack, but never used at bat.

suave1477
01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Game Used Bat - Pretty obvious a bat that was used during a game.

Game Issued Bat - a bat that was made/ordered for the player but for whatever reason he didn't use it.

I agree with you there is a gray area what do you consider a bat with rack marks??? I personally consider it still Game Issued but I have seen people call it "Game Used with light to No Use" - Meaning it shows just rack marks or maybe even very minimal use.

I noticed you also mentioned about the sharpie numbers written on the ends. Please remember that not all players put there numbers on bats and if they do they dont always put there numbers on both ends.

Also remember a bat can have been used and almost show no use. For a bat to show ball marks it has to take some serious force to show them. Remember sometimes a player can use a bat in a game and make no contact and not like the bat. Also a player may make very light contact with a ball and the force wouldn't be strong enough to leave a mark and on top of that the player doesn't like the bat so he doesn't use it any more. Do you consider it Game Issued???

Someone from here brought up a very good point to me about one of my bats I recently purchased. The bat I have, was told to me they were made for a special event as a promotion. I personally believe that even though made for promotion could have actually been used for the game, because it shows rack marks and a slight scuff. Mind you this bat would have only been used for this game. The player went 0 for 2 in the game. So doesn't the use sound about right even though it was a possible promotional item for the game.

So should I consider it a promotional item, probably. But I don't I consider it Game Used because there are tale tell signs telling me so.

10thMan
01-09-2008, 03:04 PM
I call them "game ready" Bats. I have a few Bats that are prepped for use, probably sat in the rack. I have a Gwynn 1998 Prepped Bat that`s one of my favorites. It has the knob taped, pine tar on the tape & handle, specs writen on both ends, just really cool. Some of the prepped Bats are great display pieces, but hey...we`re individuals. I like some pounded Bats too!
Sean.