Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Bat Racks

I seen many threads requesting if anyone knew where to find bat racks. Thought some of you may be interested in this. Not mine and I don't know who the person is.

Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Re: Bat Racks

Seems cool for the guy with a thousand bats. Little pricey...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
      • Oct 2005

"You bidding on a current modle bat rack from a bat manufactor, the rack not sold to the public are great for displaying bats, the cylinders rotate indivigualy and the whole unite rolls on casters"

I hope the rack includes a shelf for dictionary storage.

Can you imagine rolling that thing around. Each bat banging into 6 other bats. Marking up your autos, adding dings and scratches along the way?

Thanks, but I'll pass at $300. Would you happen to have a "ghost in a jar" for sale?

Comment

• godwulf
        • Aug 2007

Nice if you've got the space, but it does seem like a rather pricey way to display a relatively small number of bats.

I needed a way to store - more than display - a great many bats, so I went to a place where they sell store displays and bought 4'x4' and 2'x4' grid panels in white - the ones stores hang on the walls, build boxes out of, etc - which have square 3"x3" grid spaces. I used the 4'x4' panels for the front and back, and the 2'x4' panels for the top, sides and bottom...built two "boxes" with a common center wall, 8' wide, 4' high and 2' deep.

You just slide the bat in, knob first, like a bottle in a big wine rack. It takes up (counting the small distance the bat sticks out on either side) a bit less than 24 square feet, and holds 512 bats. I don't think all the grid panels together, and all the little clamps you use to put them together, cost me quite $300. There's also plenty of room on top to display other things - I've got glove displays, ball cube pyramids, a game-used base, and a whole bunch of other stuff on top of mine, including a mini-fridge.
        Jeff
        godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

Working...