Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoneRubbedBat
    • Jul 2005

When in 2000 did Juan Pierre wear #6.....? photomatch

I have found a few photos on 2000 and 2001 cards of Pierre wearing number 6, but can't find out exactly when this jersey was worn. The Russell labeling puts this jersey in 2000. I found a photo that may be a photomatch, but am not sure of the date.

The position of all the letters in relation to each other and the 6 all seem to line up. I especially like the way the bottom right of the first E doesn't line up with the bottom of the first R. Answers/thoughts are greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: When in 2000 did Juan Pierre wear #6.....? photomatch

I tried looking up his uniform numbers that he has worn and records show he has only worn #9 - i figured maybe it was a spring season jersey from 2000 but photos show them wearing a black jersey.

Here is the my logical thought:
    Maybe this was an alternate jersey (during spring training or regular season) and the number #9 alternate for whatever reason he couldnt wear so for a last minute change they sewed on his name for 1 game to a #6 jersey. Especially since the name wasn't stitched on correctly, maybe it was a rush job.

Or maybe im just thinking to much lol lol

Comment

• BoneRubbedBat
      • Jul 2005

The online sources I have looked at also only list him as using the #9. Here is a photo of a 2001 Fleer card showing him wearing #6 on a home jersey.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Comment

• 5kRunner
        • Aug 2007

Here is a pic on Getty (#712660) that shows him wearing #6.

The pic says Aug 17. It looks like Shea in the back ground, and that matches where baseball reference says the Rockies were playing on Aug 17, 2000.

Attached Files
        SCOTT
        scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
        sigpic

Comment

• BoneRubbedBat
          • Jul 2005

Scott, thanks for the info. I did some more searching and found more photos of him during 2000 wearing #6, at least through September. He was a late season call-up, appearing in his first game on Aug. 7, 2000, so it looks like the dating on this jersey can be narrowed down to less than two months.
          sigpic

Comment

• BoneRubbedBat
            • Jul 2005

Update:

Contacted Sean at Baseball-Almanac.com. Sean asked one of his friends at the Rockies to check some line-up cards and it was verified that Pierre wore #6 during the entire 2000 season. Sean updated his web site to reflect the correct number. Thanks again to everyone that helped!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...