Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahuff
    • Nov 2005

Another one bites the dust - Mattingly Jersey

As a seller, there are a few occassions that I am glad that ebay allows you to end an auction early. However, it sucks when you are on the other end.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/
  • kingjammy24
    • Nov 2005

Re: Another one bites the dust - Mattingly Jersey

i remember seeing that jersey awhile ago. it was either at a steiner auction, splinters from the pine, or maybe GFC. i can't remember. i remember staying away because i couldn't date the tagging. maybe it was stupid of me but at the time there was a real lack of action on the jersey so i wasn't the only one spooked. they wore that style from 93-96 and mattingly was the only one to have worn #23 during that time frame. i guess the tagging just irked me.
    also, i can't be certain but i wouldn't be surprised if the steiner paperwork doesn't actually say it's a mattingly jersey. it may just say it's an "early 90s bp shirt". they auctioned off a lot of bp shirts where they simply didn't bother looking up who wore the number. splintersfromthepine picked up a 90s #13 bp shirt that was either a boggs or a leyritz. the steiner letter didn't say. the odd thing is that it was a majestic and during the early-mid 90s they wore russell so who knows.

rudy.

Comment

• nomarmauerfan
      • Apr 2007

Its back...and $300 more expensive!!!

Mike

Comment

• JimCaravello
        • Jan 1970

This same seller has been trying to sell the 1995 home and road jerseys for a long - long time......It's at least the fifth time he has listed those two jerseys - I feel for him - suprised he hasn't sold yet - those are two nice jerseys - would love to have the road with the Mantle armband myself..........

Comment

• cohibasmoker
          Banned
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ahuff
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008

As a seller, there are a few occassions that I am glad that ebay allows you to end an auction early. However, it sucks when you are on the other end.
          I don't have a problem with a seller ending a auction early at all.

Just this week there was a awesome Patriots durene jersey circa 1965-66 on eBay. With a day to go and the jersey around $135.00, all of a sudden, the auction ended.

The way I see it, oh well - something else will come along.

Jim

Comment

Working...