PDA

View Full Version : Collection Theme/ 2008/ team loyalty

GoTigers
01-15-2008, 09:35 AM
What up.. I thought I'd start this thread after I saw a great deal on a Cecil Cooper bat a few weeks ago. I came on here and saw that someone was in the market for a C. Cooper bat, and I couldnt remember where I saw it to pass along the info.

My thought was that in a thread we could put up, our team, what we'll be looking for in 2008, and any other side collections, or themes. That way if anyone sees a good deal/interesting item, they'll know who to contact.. anyways here it goes....

- Recently, I've decided to go after a game used bat from every rookie of the year.

- About once a month I try to add an autographed baseball from a memeber of the 500hr club. After that is completed I'll move on to the 3000 hit club.

- In 2008 I'll be trying to add a Manny, Vladi, Big Papi, and Ryan Braun bat to my collection.

- GoTigers is no a Detroit Reference, I'm an Auburn fan.. when it comes to baseball, I gotta go with the Braves.

nomarmauerfan
01-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Don Mattingly...I am looking for a bat from 1984/85 and a pair of batting gloves.

Mike

bigtime59
01-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Angels 2007 red alternate jersey.
Diamondbacks 2007 set.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

gatorcollector
01-15-2008, 10:30 AM
As always, I will be on the lookout for college and pro jerseys of Florida Gator athletes.

In baseball, those I don't already have include current player Mark Ellis, David Eckstein (too much $), and Ryan Shealy. Past players I would like to add to my collection are Scott Ruskin, Scott Lusader, Kevin Polcovich, Dave Eiland, and Marc Valdes. For a complete list of Gators in MLB, see my website.

In basketball, about the only ones I could afford would be Donnell Harvey, Matt Bonner, and Andrew DeClercq.

In football, the list is way too long to post here. Here are some obscure to mid-level players that would be in my price range: Willie Jackson, Fred Weary (DB, not the lineman), Chris Doering, Jesse Palmer, Doug Johnson, Errict Rhett, Terry Jackson, Erron Kinney, Danny Wuerffel, and Ellis Johnson. Again, for a complete list of Gators in the NFL, please see my website.

If you have any game used of any ex-Gator, please let me know!

AWA85
01-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Nice thread, I am really working on staying on one track. My spending days on autographs got a little out of control and I would like to stick to one area on the game used items. So for the most part I will collect any kind of Cincinnati Reds Game Used items, leaning more towards the common players.

suave1477
01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Well since this is 2008 and all the reports are out I was thinking of a Steiroid theme.
Anyone have Game Used or Pre Game Used Steiroid needles from Clemens, Pettitte, Bonds,McGwire, Canseco, LoDuca & of course in Sheffileds case a pill since he doesn't take steroids since those only are injected into your butt. lol lol:D :D :D

But on a serious note I have for sale a Game Used Darryl Strawberry bat for sale. He was Rookie of the Year in 83.

Let me know. suave1477@yahoo.com

bigtruck260
01-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Collecting my favorite Cardinal players that are affordable, but still nice.

Mainly players not good enough for the HOF, but were good players anyways -IE: Brian Jordan, Ray Lankford, Terry Pendleton, Jack Clark and JD Drew.

Dave

worldchamps
01-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I tryto stay strong on my main focus of Spurs and Mavs and a few other NBA favorites.

I feel I kind of am all over the map.

But then I get a good baseball bat, and I think how cool bats look

It is hard to stay focused

Redbird64
01-15-2008, 02:28 PM
I focus on St Louis Cardinals items, mostly bats and jerseys. My current focus is players from the 80's (McGee, Coleman, etc.), but I'm happy to add items from current players. For example I would love to find a nice Ankiel bat from last year.

chakes89
01-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I focus on Cincinnati Reds game used stuff primarily.

I also look to add star bats whenever I get a chance to do so.

I am also always looking for game used gloves.

But my main goal for 2008 is to get a nice Jay Bruce game used item

TNTtoys
01-15-2008, 03:10 PM
I'll keep the express rolling...

I'm looking for:

- Any 1987 Mets gray road jerseys
- Any 1987 Mets road BP jerseys
- A single 1994 Mets road BP jersey
- A single 1983 Mets blue alternate game jersey (not a BP)
- A game used Keith Hernandez bat (any era) with good use

Nick

kingjammy24
01-15-2008, 03:32 PM
there's this section on here called "Items Wanted". it's been around for awhile. neat stuff. people post items that they want. check it out:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

rudy.

gatorcollector
01-15-2008, 03:44 PM
party pooper :p

yanks12025
01-15-2008, 03:53 PM
I'll be looking for Robinson Cano game used items.

P.S. Steiner auctions has a item i really love but dont have the money.

B1SON
01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
As always I am lookig for former NDSU greats including the AFL jersey Gatorcollector found for me this week of Flint Fleming. I also recently picked up these jerseys of rookie Giant CB Craig Dahl (practice jersey from London game) and Justin Frick who was cut by the Bears on the last day of the preseason.

B1SON
01-15-2008, 04:03 PM
As always I am lookig for former NDSU greats including the AFL jersey Gatorcollector found for me this week of Flint Fleming. I also recently picked up these jerseys of rookie Giant CB Craig Dahl (practice jersey from London game) and Justin Frick who was cut by the Bears on the last day of the preseason.

GoTigers
01-15-2008, 04:52 PM
sorry, kingjammy, I didnt intend for this to be an "items wanted" thread... as i said before, I ment it to be more of a "keep me in mind if you see...." thread.
I'd use the "Items Wanted" section if i was looking to buy a specific item for myself. But if I run across a great deal on Game Used Bash Brothers Elbow Pads, I'd like to know who to pass the info. to, or who collects Mark McGwire, Jose, or 1980's A's stuff.

B1SON
01-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I feel ya and agree 100% that a "what do you collect so I can pass on things I run across to you" thread is different than "specific items I want". I think your thread idea was great and MUCH appreciated. ;)

island_style
01-16-2008, 05:13 AM
Whenever the disposable income allows, I plan on collecting a game used helmet from each MLB team. One day I'd like to build a wall display and position the helmets for each respective division as they change standings throughout the season.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

harpt
01-16-2008, 09:05 AM
[quote=GoTigers;67923]What up.. I thought I'd start this thread after I saw a great deal on a Cecil Cooper bat a few weeks ago. I came on here and saw that someone was in the market for a C. Cooper bat, and I couldnt remember where I saw it to pass along the info.
- quote]

Hi. I was the guy who was looking for Cecil Cooper. Please keep me in mind for 70's and 80's Brewers. My email is posted below. Thanks.

jrd
01-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Not a game used theme but I need one more signed baseball to finish off my 1989 Oakland A's championship team collection.....Gene Nelson. I can't find one anywhere. There was one on ebay over a year ago and I missed it :mad:

JETEFAN
01-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Always collecting Mattingly game used items and game used bats from the Yankees Championship years 77-78-96-98-99-2000.:D

George

AstrosCollector
01-16-2008, 05:37 PM
I am always looking for Houston Astros game used bats. ANY position player or pitcher from 1990-present. ALWAYS BUYING!!

PudgePollyMillerFan
01-16-2008, 05:54 PM
DETROIT TIGERS FAN!!! Looking to pick up gamers of Guillen, Cabrera, Willis, and Leyland if possible. Would love to pick up some gamers of Gibson, Trammell, Parrish, Morris, Fidrych and Sweet Lou if possible.

ifirocked
01-16-2008, 07:07 PM
in 2008, Historic Gameused item from the New York Mets.

Already own for 2007:

Carlos Gomez Mothersday jersey (MLB Debut)

Tom Glavin's Opening day - Fathers Day Road Jersey. 2500th Strikeout on 5-3-07 and Career Wins 291 + 293

Pedro Martinez's Cap used in his 3000 Strikeout Game

Moises Alou - Almost every bat used in his 30 game hit streak including the bat used in the final game to set a new team record.

All are steiner authentic