PDA

View Full Version : Have to love great customer service...

TFig27
01-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Got this reply from a seller(not on this board):

"The bat has ridiculous use and tar on the handle and everything else imaginable.The bat was brought to the Yankees by Boone when he came to them enough said and no it is not cupped.I am raising the price this is way to much work for such a cheap bat or better yet i will use it for a block for my trailer for this weeks trade show i never did like boone never a real Yankee other than his lucky homer."

I guess someone was having a bad day.

10thMan
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
I feel like if I list something (ebay etc.) It`s a responsibility to answer questions, although I don`t sell often. I almost always ask a question, if the item is over 50 $. It`s simply an "attitude check" The sellers response often tells me all I need to know, specially if they DON`T RESPOND. On a Bat for example, we need to know certain things, maybe about something not shown??? We might want another pic or two. How often do we see one crummy pic, i`d say it`s frequent.
I like the generic responses "criss cross tape, Pounded, real use"
Sean

Neely8
01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I feel like if I list something (ebay etc.) It`s a responsibility to answer questions, although I don`t sell often. I almost always ask a question, if the item is over 50 $. It`s simply an "attitude check" The sellers response often tells me all I need to know, specially if they DON`T RESPOND. On a Bat for example, we need to know certain things, maybe about something not shown??? We might want another pic or two. How often do we see one crummy pic, i`d say it`s frequent.
I like the generic responses "criss cross tape, Pounded, real use"
Sean

It also works the other way around. I have responded to member's want ads before with pics. they requested and answered numerous questions only to not get even the courtesy of a reply. I have also done the same thing with jerseys I have been selling and had the same happen so apparently a lot of people think it is cool to be ignorant as well as waste other people's time.

TFig27
01-16-2008, 10:46 AM
It also works the other way around. I have responded to member's want ads before with pics. they requested and answered numerous questions only to not get even the courtesy of a reply. I have also done the same thing with jerseys I have been selling and had the same happen so apparently a lot of people think it is cool to be ignorant as well as waste other people's time.

very insightful