X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

show us only your #1 Game Used piece and explain why

1996 Alex Rodriguez "Rawlings" Big Stick Game Used HR #15 Bat

- Home Run Bat (15th of 1996, 20th of Career)
    - Early Arod Bat and signature
    - Rawlings Letter (bat records) stating only 12 ordered by arod in 1996
    - Have newpaper article from Toronto from this game
    - Information (specifics) backed up in the Baseball Almanac
    - LOA's from Arod, SCD, and PSA

For myself, there are thousands of Arod Game Used Louisville Slugger bats out there. This being an early Rawlings Game Used Bat of Arod's, makes this a pretty special bat to own.
    Attached Files
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

1996 1st Grandslam Baseball

Early milestone item. Arod.com even show the clip of him hitting this ball. It is the first clip on his multimedia milestone page.

Bought it at National Sports Collectors Convention in Anaheim in 1996. Sold some of my Arod cards to pay cash for this piece. As soon as I saw the item, I knew it was special and wanted it.

COA with Player's signature (don't think I need anything other documentation if I had to sell for hardship reasons)

I have Newspaper article, autographed photo, and baseball ticket from this game. Also Alex Rodriguez has written two kids book where the storyline ends up with a grandslam so it will be a great item when I am old and reading this story to my grandchildren one day. hahaha

again, excuse my poor camera.
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• 3arod13
      • Apr 2006

Re: 1996 1st Grandslam Baseball

Originally posted by joelsabi

Early milestone item. Arod.com even show the clip of him hitting this ball. It is the first clip on his multimedia milestone page.

Bought it at National Sports Collectors Convention in Anaheim in 1996. Sold some of my Arod cards to pay cash for this piece. As soon as I saw the item, I knew it was special and wanted it.

COA with Player's signature (don't think I need anything other documentation if I had to sell for hardship reasons)

I have Newspaper article, autographed photo, and baseball ticket from this game. Also Alex Rodriguez has written two kids book where the storyline ends up with a grandslam so it will be a great item when I am old and reading this story to my grandchildren one day. hahaha

Joel,

Nice! I'll give you $25 for it (lol). Very nice!
      Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• joelsabi
        • Aug 2005

I like to hear from other members what they feel is their top item in their collection. If you dont want to share the documentation and photos thats very understandable. Many people are very guarded about their collections, especially since this is a public forum.
        Regards,
        Joel S.
        joelsabi @ gmail.com
        Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• 3arod13
          • Apr 2006

I like to hear from other members what they feel is their top item in their collection. If you dont want to share the documentation and photos thats very understandable. Many people are very guarded about their collections, especially since this is a public forum.
          Joel,

I beleive this thread has been made so many times in the past, that this time was the straw that broke the camels back.

No matter how many times threads like this are started over and over again, I still enjoy seeing what others have.
          Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• otismalibu
            • Nov 2005

Re: show us only your #1 Game Used piece and explain why

The first game used Dr. J. item (I only have 2) I acquired. An example of the style he wore in the late 70s/early 80s. I think he was still wearing this style shoe for part of his MVP year (1981). Nice use and a pen auto (not shown) that doesn't detract from overall appearance, IMO.

I own a 2nd pair exactly like these, but they are dual signed in blue marker which I'm not a huge fan of.

But still, 1A & 1B

Greg
            DrJStuff.com

Comment

• ifirocked
              • Dec 2007

Pedro Martinez's cap from his 3000th Strikeout Game. The Jersey and Ball are already in the HOF.
              Attached Files

Comment

• joelsabi
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by otismalibu
                The first game used Dr. J. item (I only have 2) I acquired. An example of the style he wore in the late 70s/early 80s. I think he was still wearing this style shoe for part of his MVP year (1981). Nice use and a pen auto (not shown) that doesn't detract from overall appearance, IMO.

I own a 2nd pair exactly like these, but they are dual signed in blue marker which I'm not a huge fan of.

But still, 1A & 1B

I like you Dr. J room on your website. Do you collect Julius Erving just when he was in the NBA. Didnt see much from his days in the ABA or is that stuff just impossible to find. I am very curious. Dr. J would be my choice for collecting old school basketball.
                Regards,
                Joel S.
                joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

Joel, if you ever decide to sell, let me know
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• joelsabi
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by 3arod13
                    Joel, if you ever decide to sell, let me know
                    tony, when i sell this it will go with the whole collection. you have first crack at it.
                    Regards,
                    Joel S.
                    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

tony, when i sell this it will go with the whole collection. you have first crack at it.
                      Meaning, your entire collection will be sold and the ball will be part of it?
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• joelsabi
                        • Aug 2005

Lets get this back on topic. I met a really kewl dude with an amazing Erving Collection, Was nice interaction to see what is obtainable for his collection. I think this information is very helpful for people like myself who may try to go vintage in the new future.

Like to see other people's prize item or at least the item that is representative of your collection. Lets continue this thread. i hate for it to die out with not many sharing.
                        Regards,
                        Joel S.
                        joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                          • Aug 2005

Tony I will send you email regard my collection. Not trying to be rude to you. If so I apologize.
                          Regards,
                          Joel S.
                          joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• Rob L
                            • Nov 2005

Arod 1995 Spring Training Jersey, autographed.

Reason it is my favorite:

1. Arod had only played in 17 major league games before he wore this jersey for Spring Training in 1995.
                            2. Autographed with inscription "1995".
                            3. LOAs from MEARS (A10), SCD Authentic, PSA/DNA, JSA, MGA, Majestic and Coast to Coast (signed by Arod).

Rob L

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.
                            Attached Files
                            Rob L
                            loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                              • Sep 2007

My #1 piece is probably my Frank Thomas Career HR #13 baseball. It was the 6th homerun that he hit in 1991 and had played in less then 100 mlb games...who would've thunk that this kid would go onto hit over 500 of these bombs!!!!!!!!!! The item came with two dated and stamped affidavits (one from the ball hawk who caught the ball and one from the usher from the section where the ball was hit to/caught in). HR balls are hard to come by...let alone one from so early in a career. I love the impact mark!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...