PDA

View Full Version : Patriots - Why are they so good?

cohibasmoker
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Like any organization, the good or the bad starts at the top. Did anyone read about the owner of the Patriots, Robert Kraft honoring the girl who was booed at the Colts game this past weekend? If you didn't, here's the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-patriotsprogress&prov=ap&type=lgns

Jim

kellsox
01-16-2008, 07:25 PM
The Krafts are very PR saavy and are not always what the press makes them out to be. I have personally known people who have worked for them and did not feel as though they were treated fairly. These include individuals who had pretty significant jobs in the front office. Their handling of Super Bowl tickets and treatment of season ticket holder issues have also been a bit controversial. My 2cents.
kelly

Nathan
01-16-2008, 09:09 PM
I keep thinking of what my mother always told me about "Cheaters never win", and can only hope that it comes true.

After all, won't someone PLEASE think of the children? Imagine the anarchy if the most obvious cheaters get a Super Bowl out of it.

Ozric
01-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Gee Wiz... They already gave him coach of the year even after he was busted for cheating... That's a splendid example for everyone. Sports are what they are... It's all about winning and nothing else.

davetiki
01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Pats fall in the Super Bowl to the Packers

Vintagedeputy
01-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Pats fall in the Super Bowl to the Packers

Actually, that should be Pats fall to the Giants........

GO BIG BLUE!

jboosted92
01-17-2008, 10:31 AM
I keep thinking of what my mother always told me about "Cheaters never win", and can only hope that it comes true.

After all, won't someone PLEASE think of the children? Imagine the anarchy if the most obvious cheaters get a Super Bowl out of it.

The media labeled it cheating. The NFL didnt.

Fact: you can record from pretty much anywhere but the sideline. and the rule came into effect last year..

Fact: the coaching staff pushed the buttons, and got penalized.

genius
01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
The Patriots are exploiting that girl in a PR scam designed to show what a "great" organization they are. If that is in Washington and she shows up in a Dallas jersey she gets the same treatment, obviously. You don't wear a "rival' jersey in the other team's stadium without expecting to catch some flak over it. The Patriots are enough to make me start liking the 1972 Dolphins!

cohibasmoker
01-17-2008, 05:00 PM
The Patriots are exploiting that girl in a PR scam designed to show what a "great" organization they are. If that is in Washington and she shows up in a Dallas jersey she gets the same treatment, obviously. You don't wear a "rival' jersey in the other team's stadium without expecting to catch some flak over it. The Patriots are enough to make me start liking the 1972 Dolphins!

Wow, I wish the Patriots would "exploit" me. I'll be more than happy to get free tickets in a Luxury Box for myself and my family to the AFC Championship Game.

Tedw9
01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
With all the negative we hear about sports (steroids, shootings and such), it is nice to hear something NICE being done. Who cares if is the Patriots, it's just the fact that someone is being good to a fan. Appreciate it for what it is, a kind gesture. I tip my hat to Mr. Kraft for doing this.

And as far as the "cheating" goes....so they were busted filming from the sidelines, in the first half of the first game. What's the excuse for the rest of the season?? Now if they were busted against the Giants at game 16, there would be room for arguement.

And for those who say the girl should expect it, no she shouldn't. People should act more like adults and show some respect to a kid who worked her tail off, no matter what jersey she is wearing. And consider this...what if it was YOUR kid booed??

kellsox
01-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Kraft bringing the girl and her family to the game is a complete no brainer and I believe the majority of owners would have done the same. It costs them NOTHING to sit the family down in the stadium and at the same time they are showered with great PR as the story has been picked up nationally.

genius
01-17-2008, 11:20 PM
I would have told my kid that if he wore his "rival" jersey in their home stadium, tough it up and expect to hear some jeers! It's totally unrealistic to expect otherwise. Half of them were probably booing in jest anyway, and they were booing the jersey, not the girl. What they should have done is give her family some tickets but not use her for the publicity. Go Chargers, Packers, Giants, anybody!!! Not that I have my hopes up!

10thMan
01-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Kraft did the right thing, as would any savvy business person. The girl from Hawaii (Charger Rep.) made me proud!!! ALL the kids did something great & deserve attention for it. I got hassled near my apt. today, sporting my Seau Jersey. I`m looking forward (moving back) to my new Apt. in San Diego!!!
Sean

Nathan
01-18-2008, 01:58 AM
The media labeled it cheating. The NFL didnt.

Fact: you can record from pretty much anywhere but the sideline. and the rule came into effect last year..

Fact: the coaching staff pushed the buttons, and got penalized.

If the NFL didn't believe it to be cheating, why was the team docked a first-round draft pick?