PDA

View Full Version : "New" MLB Authentication Database Broken?

matt
01-16-2008, 04:51 PM
All - Like many of you, I have been waiting for a bunch of my late-season items with MLB Holos to be entered into the new system. I have been in contact with the authentication group at MLB and they were very excited to launch the "new" system last week with all the data refreshed.

Here is the link:
http://www.mlb.com/mlb/authentication/index.jsp

Sadly, I have yet to get the new page to work at all. You can enter in any valid (or invalid) number and it just seems to generate a mostly blank search result with no data. I emailed and was told there "might be a few glitches" but I cannot get a single item to come up.

Has anyone else had this problem this week or is my browser just hosed???

Matt

GoTigers
01-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Ive had the same problem. Where did you get your contact info. for MLB? I've been looking for someone to contact about an item that I have with a hologram that has never been put up on the website.

kylehess10
01-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I had a problem with it 2 nights ago. I entered the number for my Michael Tucker pants, which I had already checked a few months ago, and everything was in the database for it, saying that they were used 8/26/06, but when I entered the number in the new database, it says that the number isn't found :confused:

PudgePollyMillerFan
01-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Same problem here....in fact, I was just going to start this topic tonight but ya beat me to it..lol! I purchased my items in late August/Early September and they both show up as blank info on their pages...so I enter them a second time and they show not in data base.....they have been down for quite a while too...can't believe they can't fix it!!

matt
01-17-2008, 01:03 PM
I suggest we all email and tell them the thing is broken. They need to hear it from more than 1 guy. Here is the address:

authentication@website.mlb.com

Matt

matt
01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
System is back up as of this morning, though they still have lots of holo numbers missing or wrong and are working out remaining tech issues.

As a side note, I am surprised how many incorrect holo's are in there. My new Julio Lugo World Series Bat comes up as a line-up card, but I the previous number comes up as my bat! They clearly muffed the data input and I am trying to get them to fix it. I also have a Game used ball that comes up as a World Series ball. Anyone got other good holo bloopers? Maybe a good new thread...

Matt

PudgePollyMillerFan
01-18-2008, 09:18 PM
I sent them an email yesterday as well.....here is their reply

"Thanks for the e-mail. We are still working out all of the bugs in the system and hope to have it fixed soon. We apologize for the dealy."

MLB Authentication