PDA

View Full Version : How to get started / Online dealers

swisher
01-16-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm brand new to this...so brand new I own exactly zero game used merchandise. I'm interested in NFL mostly, MLB second. My ultimate goal in life at this moment is to own a game used Houston Texans helmet before I die...I don't even care who actually used the helmet. I used to collect mini-helmets and pocket pros, and collect things with helmet graphics on them like beer signs and lunch box. Basically I've been drawn to football helmets my entire life, even drawing them since I was very little. I never even thought about owning the actual thing until just a few days ago when I stumbled across this site and now I must have one.

My question is how to even begin looking for such a specific item. Do you just have to luck out and hope you see one on some auction site, or is there a more aggressive way to search.

As far as online dealers that have helmets I've found Real Stuff Sports, Jimy Jackel and A J Sports Collectibles. Are there any others I'm missing?

misteremu
01-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Hello,

A great collecter/dealer who often posts on here is Larry Pellicioni....I have purchased several items from him over the years...He has a ton of helmets...he may not have a Texans but he may be able to find you one...

I don't have his address handy but I am sure another forum member does..

Eric

TNTtoys
01-17-2008, 11:21 AM
I would recommend Jim Yackel, Ballpark Heroes, Murf & Pat Sports as far as reputable sellers who should have some football helmets. Apologies to anyone I may be unintentionally omitting.

As far as reputable sellers of all other game used equipment -- baseball jerseys, bats, football jerseys, etc., this website is chock full of them. Many of us have been buying and selling for years, and we are part of this website to educate other collectors, and add honesty and integrity to the hobby.

Hope this is helpful...

Nick

suave1477
01-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Great Dealer I have dealt with for Football helmets was AJSportcollectibles