PDA

View Full Version : Eagles - MeiGray

cohibasmoker
01-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Picked up my Eagles throwbacks yesterday and all of the items are just terrific. The MeiGray Staff is about as good as it gets.

If a forum member bought the Shawn Andrews helmet may I suggest you be seated when you open the crate it's shipped in. That helmet is just UNBELIEVABLE.

Jim

The Titan
01-20-2008, 03:16 AM
Picked up my Eagles throwbacks yesterday and all of the items are just terrific. The MeiGray Staff is about as good as it gets.

If a forum member bought the Shawn Andrews helmet may I suggest you be seated when you open the crate it's shipped in. That helmet is just UNBELIEVABLE.

Jim

Awesome! Which player and jersey or helmet did you end up picking up Jim? Any pics?

J.C.

cohibasmoker
01-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Titan - did you get the Andrews helmet?

I am 99.9 % sure that is the player helmet that they showed me.

I have attached a scan of my items. Believe me, the scan DOES NOT shown just how nice these items really are.

Jim

dcgreg25
01-20-2008, 04:36 PM
What is the Mel Gray website address?

Blake
01-20-2008, 05:56 PM
I purchased a Nick Cole revolution lid that Barry said showed awesome use, the Joselio Hanson lid with visor and the Dorenbos jersey.

I noticed the Mahe jersey and Dorenbos helmet already listed on ebay..

Gerald

Blake
01-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Nick Cole Revolution Helmet with nice use...

Gerald

jayt1234
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
I must say I am extremely jelous of that Chris Canty helmet you have there. I started collecting only Cowboys G/U stuff last year and a Canty Helmet was up for bid at Heritage Auctions. Instead I went after an Akin Ayodele helmet and won that. Also have a Sam Hurd throwback I got from Game Exclusives, so I like the Cowboys stuff you got there. Is that a Julius Jone or Marion Barber helmet in the picture? Also I was not a big fan of the Revolution style of helmet, but the one you have there looks great.

This past week I also got an Eric Coleman New York Titans G/U helmet from NFL auctions and a Jason Avant Eagles throw back helmet ans Scott Young game issued jersey from Meigray. The jersey came yesterday and the helmet is due here this afternoon. I liked what they did at Meigray with the buy it now pricing. I need to post some photos soon. If NFL auctions list any more NY Titans jersey's I will be going after one of those as well, but other than that my collection is complete for a while.

Jay

grandpahoo
01-22-2008, 06:58 PM
What is the Mel Gray website address?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GrayMe01.htm?redir

You also might want to check out the following site: http://www.meigray.com.

Blake
01-23-2008, 12:36 AM
I must say I am extremely jelous of that Chris Canty helmet you have there. I started collecting only Cowboys G/U stuff last year and a Canty Helmet was up for bid at Heritage Auctions. Instead I went after an Akin Ayodele helmet and won that. Also have a Sam Hurd throwback I got from Game Exclusives, so I like the Cowboys stuff you got there. Is that a Julius Jone or Marion Barber helmet in the picture? Also I was not a big fan of the Revolution style of helmet, but the one you have there looks great.

This past week I also got an Eric Coleman New York Titans G/U helmet from NFL auctions and a Jason Avant Eagles throw back helmet ans Scott Young game issued jersey from Meigray. The jersey came yesterday and the helmet is due here this afternoon. I liked what they did at Meigray with the buy it now pricing. I need to post some photos soon. If NFL auctions list any more NY Titans jersey's I will be going after one of those as well, but other than that my collection is complete for a while.

Jay

Thanks Jay. I was looking at the NYT lids; they look great. Good eye spotting the Canty helmet in the background. How about this combo....

The Titan
01-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Great helmets Blake.

Hey Jim,

No, I didn't win the Andrews helmet. I would love to see it though. I'm the one that was e-mailing you back and forth on the jersey/helmet & football you had on ebay.

Those jerseys & helmets are beautiful

John

aeneas01
01-23-2008, 01:48 AM
here's an eagles' throwback gamer (j. r. reed) currently listed on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Philadelphia-Eagles-Game-Used-Worn-Throwback-Helmet-NFL_W0QQitemZ140201271544QQihZ004QQcategoryZ86828Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

gameusedfan
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
They didn't get an Andrews helmet. There also was no Runyan or Tra Thomas helmets/jerseys. The only starting offensive linemen helmets they received were Herremans (which I bought) and Jamal Jackson. Also, did you guys know they got four footballs from the game? The Eagles sold a bunch to their repeat customers and never put any on their website for sale. I am actually not too pleased that they sent some to MG because a bunch of us got balls for $400 through the Iggles after the game. Still though, nice footballs.

Hopefully Barry gets this message because I want him to know everything about this sale was first class. Stu was patient with my many calls and the prices were relatively fair. They were very smart to attach some pretty reasonable prices to the items to sell a lot before the buzz died down (and it certainly appeared to work). I can't wait to receive my jersey and helmets.

indyred
01-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Those helmets and jerseys do look really good. Did any of the jerseys show really good use? Any idea what the Kevin Curtis was sold for? He had 3 td's that game. Would love to see people post more pics of what they scored. I wonder how many Eagles player's kept theirs. If Barry reads this, were the player's offered first crack at buying them?

cohibasmoker
01-23-2008, 11:56 AM
They didn't get an Andrews helmet. There also was no Runyan or Tra Thomas helmets/jerseys. The only starting offensive linemen helmets they received were Herremans (which I bought) and Jamal Jackson. Also, did you guys know they got four footballs from the game? The Eagles sold a bunch to their repeat customers and never put any on their website for sale. I am actually not too pleased that they sent some to MG because a bunch of us got balls for $400 through the Iggles after the game. Still though, nice footballs.

Hopefully Barry gets this message because I want him to know everything about this sale was first class. Stu was patient with my many calls and the prices were relatively fair. They were very smart to attach some pretty reasonable prices to the items to sell a lot before the buzz died down (and it certainly appeared to work). I can't wait to receive my jersey and helmets.

I'll start by saying Barry and his crew are ABSOLUTELY first class. I knew about the footballs so I bought one. There was one left as of last week but I do not know if it's still there.

As for the Andrews helmet, I may have been incorrect about what player wore it but I will say if a forum member DID get a monster-sized helmet, would they kindly post a scan on the forum? I was going to shoot a scan of it but I did not feel it would be appropriate because it wasn't mine.

As for wear, my McCoy jersey did have at least one (1) team repair. The Mahe did not have any team repairs and Mahe returned four punts.

Jim

BarryMeisel
01-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Indy Red,

I do not know if the players were offered their jerseys.

Regards,
Barry

gameusedfan
01-23-2008, 12:44 PM
I checked on why some players' gear didn't make it to MG. Some was put aside for charity events and some walked off after the game with the players. After a game like that one, I bet it was a pretty insane scene in that locker room and would have been hard to collect everything used.

BarryMeisel
01-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi GameUsed,

We did receive an Andrews helmet. It sold very quickly.

Regards,
Barry

RKGIBSON
01-23-2008, 08:06 PM
I received my Eagle throwback Takeo Spikes jersey and Javon Kearse helmet today. I am very please with the whole transaction with Meigray. I said when I watched the game that if I ever had a chance to get Spikes jersey I would buy it. Thanks Barry. Spikes helmet was already gone.

Roger

gameusedfan
01-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi GameUsed,

We did receive an Andrews helmet. It sold very quickly.

Regards,
Barry

Sorry, Barry. I have down "none" in my notes next to my wish list helmets, on which the Andrews helmet was listed. I interpretted that as that there was none that got to you guys.

Roger, that Spikes jersey is awesome from what I hear. Stu specifically told me about that one when I called but I had my heart set on the Curtis jersey. He said the shoulders have a "patched" material and I am almost 100% positive that this was the only one like that.

Roger

indyred
01-24-2008, 03:41 PM
That Spikes jersey is really cool. Nice use on the Kearse helmet.

RKGIBSON
01-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys, I am glad I got them. I posted detail pictures of the Spikes on "Show Me Your NFL Stuff".

I have mixed feelings on the placement of the Meigray tag, above the Reebok tag. It is a good program Meigray has. I would like it better sewn inside of the jersey or somewhere where it was less visible. I do like the cloth label better that a hologram sticker. All in all I am very please with the purchase.

Roger

D9521
01-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Roger, sweet Spikes jersey and "The Freak" helmet. have you been able to photomatch the helmet yet?

D9521
01-27-2008, 12:26 AM
I was able to find this photomatch of the helmet.

The Titan
01-27-2008, 01:53 AM
WOW!! Great work on that photomatch! That's excellent.

I love that Kearse helmet.

Did anyone receive helmets with visors? Or have jersey from that game with some good wear?

RKGIBSON
01-27-2008, 02:09 PM
I looked but did not see any good pictures. That is a nice one, thanks. The black is like a black rubber. Reminds me of silicone sealer we use in the car repair industry. It flakes off real easy when rubbed.

The Spikes jersey has some small hit marks and a couple small paint transfers. No good pictures of 51 either. I'll get the game DVD for my documentation.

Roger

Blake
01-27-2008, 02:49 PM
WOW!! Great work on that photomatch! That's excellent.

I love that Kearse helmet.

Did anyone receive helmets with visors? Or have jersey from that game with some good wear?

One of my post in this string is has a pic of a Joselio Hanson lid with visor.

Blake

DrJ
01-27-2008, 08:35 PM
That "black rubber" you refer to is from the Lions facemask and your right, it will rub off easily, so be careful...very nice helmet.

cugolfnut
01-27-2008, 09:39 PM
roger,

how would you get a dvd from an individual game? I would be interested in getting some older games from 2002 but don't know where to look for these. any suggestions?

thanks

DrJ
01-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Here's my Eagles throwback - Sean Considine. I like how the Eagles COA talks about the score of the game, some Eagles history and even mentions that Sean Considine wore this helmet to intercept a pass during the game.

cohibasmoker
01-28-2008, 04:19 PM
This is my football version of a hockey hat trick.

Jim

ivo610
12-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Just curious what were the range of prices on these items? Thanks guys.

indyred
12-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Just curious what were the range of prices on these items? Thanks guys.

Here link to MeiGray Eagles stuff
http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreDirectory.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&catLevel=1&catParentID=4450&scId=4450&oldParentID=4210

Also during the Holiday sale all Eagles stuff was 50% off. So their were some steals to be had if you wanted.
Anybody score any? Were game used balls then only $99? jerseys as cheap as $125.