PDA

View Full Version : Display cases or not?

AWA85
01-20-2008, 12:42 AM
My collection of autograph items and game used items is always growing... I am wondering what you guys think do you buy display cases for every helmet, cap and bat or do you just leave many out? Does it change the pine tar or anything if the item is just sitting out? Only reason I ask is with each helmet or game used item or autograph I end up spending $20-50 on some kind of case.

Time for the experts, what you guys think?

kylehess10
01-20-2008, 12:55 AM
My collection of autograph items and game used items is always growing... I am wondering what you guys think do you buy display cases for every helmet, cap and bat or do you just leave many out? Does it change the pine tar or anything if the item is just sitting out? Only reason I ask is with each helmet or game used item or autograph I end up spending $20-50 on some kind of case.

Time for the experts, what you guys think?

For my stuff, I have everything in a large case that I make myself which costs about $75 to make. It holds tons of stuff in it but once I do run out of room again, I'll put stuff on my walls like jerseys and bats and things like that. Jersey's I have with a plastic cover over them, the bats are in bat tubes (except for a few since I ran out of tubes), and other things are in custom frames. I try to keep everything protected because I just don't trust the dust. I've heard that it will ruin the look of pine tar on a bat so I especially try to keep my bats protected.

AWA85
01-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Yeah, Kyle I have seen your cases. Those are pretty nice and something I may look into when I move into my own apartment soon. Keep the ideas coming guys, can't stop learning from you guys.