PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the A's Fanfest?

staindsox
01-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I live in Minnesota and can't get out there. I'm looking for any game used stuff from Jack Hannahan. I'm willing to pay $350 for one of his game used jerseys or $225 for a bat. I don't know what the A's charge for a common player, but someone could turn an easy buck if they find any Hannahan gamers there. Drop me an email if you're going to the show and are willing to take a look for me. Thanks.

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

OaklandAsFan
01-21-2008, 12:17 AM
my mother is going to fanfest next weekend and hitting the store first. I remembered your email earlier this year and told her to look for Hannahan stuff. I will let you know what she finds.

pietraynor
01-21-2008, 07:43 AM
If anyone goes, add me to the list of Jay Payton items, looking for a game used jersey or helmet..he's a hometown hero, grew up 30mins from where I live, obviously unable to make the trip West from Ohio..would like to add an A's item..thanks in advance, Jay.
ldonalds@columbus.rr.com

SkubeBats
01-21-2008, 01:06 PM
This might be of the subject a little but I was wondering if any of you A's fans might have or know where I can find a game used bat of Rob Picciolo. He played for the A's from 1977-1981 and again in 1985. I hope someone can help me find one.
Thanks Again!!
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

STLStuff
01-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Hello:

I would be interested in a Jay Marshall jersey.

Please contact me at ecktrading@charter.net if anyone comes across anything.

Thanks.

Jeff

brianborsch
01-21-2008, 03:44 PM
I would be interested in a Daric Barton jersey

WadeInBmore
01-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I still need something of Frank Thomas' from his year with the A's...something with green in it...batting gloves, wristbands, jersey...whatever. Let me know. Hotstab@gmail.com

-wade

OaklandAsFan
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
ok fanfest is on Saturday. I have no clue how much Jerseys and bats and such will be going for but anyone interested in having my mother check out items for them send me an email. We aren't looking to make a huge profit off of this just helping out other gamer collectors out there.

I believe non big name jerseys go for anywhere between 250-350 but I could be wrong like I said we aren't looking to turn a huge profit maybe a bit our cost for shipping the time let me know if anyone is interested.

01-22-2008, 04:37 AM
I am interested in purchasing all the Erasmo Ramirez 2007 A's game used items, especially jerseys, and will make sure you make some fair profit for the efforts. Please let me know all that you get. I appreciate the help.

Tom Duino

brianborsch
01-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Oakland A's Fan,

You forgot to post your email. I would be down to buy a Daric Barton game used jersey if there is any. Let me know if you can do this for me.

Brian B

brianborsch
01-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Hey Oakland A's Fan,

I would also be interested in any uncracked Daric Barton bats....

LMK...

Brian B

ham1963
01-22-2008, 10:37 AM
If somebody could p/u a couple of 7/12 or 7/58 game used hats (nonstars) common players for me please e-mail me at baseball3000@bellsouth.net I will let you know the amount I am willing to pay.
Thanks,
John Hamilton

ziggy
01-22-2008, 10:39 AM
why does it matter what size they are? Are you actually going to wear someone else's used cap?

ham1963
01-22-2008, 10:43 AM
No I just like them big for my display that I have.

John

OaklandAsFan
01-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Brian good luck on the uncracked Barton bats he guards his bats like gold. if your lucky there might be a cracked one or two. As far as the bats or jerseys I too want one so if they have more than one I could pick it up for you but he is insanely popular (understandably so) with the fans right now so it may be difficult to find one for sale.

As far as hats go ham they sold all the hats for 10 bucks a piece during the last homestand (minus the hats they were wearing for the rest of the season) not sure there will be any hats left

012562 who is that did he even play for the A's I don't recognize his name at all. just looked him up he played 3 games for Oakland not sure they will have any of his jerseys but I will ask her to look.

hippo916
01-22-2008, 10:28 PM
OaklandAsFan is right. I have attended every Fanfest and memorabilia sale since their inception. If history is an accurate gauge, Barton jerseys will cost $500 to $600 and be sold within five seconds to the first collector in the door. Suzuki jerseys will likely be the same.

01-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Hi,

On the Erasmo Ramirez jerseys, you are right, he was not there long, and I am hoping if they do have any jerseys or other items, they will be about the last ones left, and hopefully they will not be the most expensive items there. He ended up with the Marlins not long after his A's stint, so there is the possibility the A's might have removed the NOB from the shirts. If you can help, that will be greatly appreciated. I will make it worth your while. Multiples are welcomed.

Tom Duino

jrd
01-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Anyone know the price range of a Mark Ellis game used bat from the Fanfest?

I wouldn't mind adding an uncracked one to my collection if it was under $100 and showed good game use.

OaklandAsFan
01-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Ellis gamers will go for more than $100. At the weekend auctions they go for around $200 cracked.

OaklandAsFan
01-26-2008, 03:10 PM
ok just got a call from my mother

bad news Hannahan Jersey was gone before she could get there (email me if you want the price just in case someone else tries to sell it too you. I will tell you it sold for less than you were offering)

No Thomas stuff. Barton Jersey was selling for $600 and I believe it was gone

Ham- my mom picked up a 7 3/8 hat by accident if your interested let me know it has #35 on it which i believe would be Geren but I who knows.

012562- You are in luck there was an alternate green Ramirez jersey set 1 2007 there

STLStuff we picked up an Alternate Green Marshall jersey for ya majestic with the new material which i believe didn't come with set tags.

PieTraynor we got a Payton road grey jersey Set 1 2006 tagging in it.

Guys my email is Mdragon75@aim.com send me emails soon setting up arrangements to get this stuff out to you ASAP ;)

chakes89
01-26-2008, 03:30 PM
anybody see any Jerry Blevins stuff there?

OaklandAsFan
01-26-2008, 04:04 PM
nobody asked about Blevins stuff ahead of time.
I know my mother got him to sign her team ball for 08 while there.

WadeInBmore
01-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks for looking into some Thomas gear for me...sucks that they didn't have any, but oh well. Awesome gesture on your and your mothers part. Greatly appreciated. Thanks

-wade

hippo916
01-26-2008, 11:19 PM
I recently returned from the A's Fanfest. It was much quieter than past years because of the threatening skies and absence of big-name drawing cards. But there also seemed to be fewer star and rookie jerseys for sale. For example, only two Barton, Suzuki, and Buck, all of which were all immediately sold. In speaking with A's Equipment Manager Steve Vucinich about the absence of multiples of jerseys, I got the impression the A's are expanding their weekend memorabilia/game-used auctions, and may have held back some jerseys for the auction. Prices were slightly lower than 2007 Fanfest but star jerseys, such as those of Nick Swisher, were still in the $600 range; Steve said they usually sell for $1,200 during the weekend auctions. Sorry I could not find a Hannahan for Chris, and I wish I would have known Chakes89 was looking for Blevins because there were several and he was in the game-used memorabilia sale room signing his game-used jerseys for free.

chakes89
01-27-2008, 01:09 AM
How much were the Blevins jerseys going for?

jerseydave.com
01-27-2008, 02:37 AM
Was there any Huston Street game used items for sale? If so, what were the prices and did anyone buy anything of his?

David
Jerseydave@sbcglobal.net

hippo916
01-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Blevins was $125, and Street was $500. According to the A's staffers, who were ribbing me to buy a "discounted" Street, his jerseys were reduced from the $800 2007 Fanfest price because of his off-year and "the price will be back up" next year after he bounces back.

chakes89
01-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Is it over?

I really want a Blevins jersey and am kicking myself for not asking beforehand. :(

pietraynor
01-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Email sent! Can't thank you enough for the pickup (Payton jersey)...Jay

hippo916
01-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Unfortunately, A's Fanfest is only one day. So, the next time we see a Blevins jersey will be during a weekend auction, when it will sell for $350-$500. Next year, however, there should be alot more available as the A's reuse cup-of-coffee rookie jerseys, especially if the rookie does not change uniform numbers, and they seem to hold back rookie jerseys of others; the reuse comment was directly from Steve. For example, last year, there was one Jason Windsor, a local Bay Area kid. But this year, there were six to eight, many of which were tagged "2006." Plus, the A's, like the Giants, let rookies keep a few of their jerseys. So, Chakes, looking on the positive side, there should be a flood of Blevins jerseys in 2009.

jerseydave.com
01-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Blevins was $125, and Street was $500. According to the A's staffers, who were ribbing me to buy a "discounted" Street, his jerseys were reduced from the $800 2007 Fanfest price because of his off-year and "the price will be back up" next year after he bounces back.

I would have paid $500.00 for a Street jersey easy... darn it.

pietraynor
02-04-2008, 12:37 PM
OaklandAsFan---Just received the Payton jersey, couldn't be happier, LOA was a bonus. Thanks again for taking the time to help out a fellow collector, means a lot to me. Keep my email on file for next year, still seeking a Payton helmet. Jay.