PDA

View Full Version : Giants Super Bowl Bound!!!!

Vintagedeputy
01-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Yeah baby!

sorry, just had to get that out.

You may now return to your previously scheduled game used collecting.

:)

Jim

nate
01-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Great game and congratulations on taking second place this year!

Vintagedeputy
01-20-2008, 11:08 PM
Second place won't be decided until the Pats are sent home with second place securely tucked in their pocket!

mvandor
01-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Great game and congratulations on taking second place this year!

:) No kidding. Two or three teams that had a shot at knocking off NE are out. Man, I woulda killed to have had a healthy Charger team on the field today. No LT and a worthless Gates gutted our offense.

Vintagedeputy
01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
No kidding. Two or three teams that had a shot at knocking off NE are out. Man, I woulda killed to have had a healthy Charger team on the field today. No LT and a worthless Gates gutted our offense.

Remember too, that last NY/Pats game where the Giants almost pulled out a victory.

It could be a very, very interesting SB!

mrgoalie34
01-20-2008, 11:25 PM
almost!!

nate
01-20-2008, 11:29 PM
It was tough watching the Chargers when most of the impact players were barely walking. They played a great game given the injuries.

Could the Giants give up win #16 and win #19?

3arod13
01-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Wake me up when the super bowl is over!

Yankwood
01-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Wake me up when the super bowl is over!Why? You mean to tell me you don't like games that are dragged out to 4 plus hours because of hours of boring overrated commercials and half time shows with lousy, over the hill entertainers, fireworks and flashing lights that last so long you almost forget who was playing and what the score was? My only real question is-were sports and in this particular case the Super Bowl, so boring that people needed all this hoopla to get enthused or do some of you wish it went back to simpler times and focused on the actual game at hand? OK, so now I sound like a grumpy old man. Sorry. All that being said........GUESS WHO'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL ??? ! ! !

3arod13
01-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Why? You mean to tell me you don't like games that are dragged out to 4 plus hours because of hours of boring overrated commercials and half time shows with lousy, over the hill entertainers, fireworks and flashing lights that last so long you almost forget who was playing and what the score was? My only real question is-were sports and in this particular case the Super Bowl, so boring that people needed all this hoopla to get enthused or do some of you wish it went back to simpler times and focused on the actual game at hand? OK, so now I sound like a grumpy old man. Sorry. All that being said........GUESS WHO'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL ??? ! ! !

Would have preferred a GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS super bowl.

Giants are in, but they're not all that good.

harpt
01-21-2008, 12:53 PM
As a Packers fan this is tough to admit, but the Giants deserve this. They outplayed Green Bay in every way. I would have loved to see Green Bay go, but New York was simply the better team.

Vintagedeputy
01-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Would have preferred a GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS super bowl.

Giants are in, but they're not all that good.

Not all that good? Surely you jest!

The Giants defense has been damn near the best on football. Manning has really started to play smart and show some of his detractors what he is made of. Rookies like Steve Smith, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Kevin Boss have stepped up and become leaders. The Giants suffered through a series of key player injuries and have held their own. They traveled all the way to England and pulled off a win in the mud puddle known as Wembley stadium. Brandon Jacobs is a monster and has made people forget Tiki Barber. Hell, even Plaxico Burress has remembered how to catch a football!

The Giants have reeled off 10 straight road wins, an NFL record. They have beaten Tampa Bay, Dallas and now Green Bay, all top ranked teams. They damn near beat the Pats at the end of the season. Beating Green Bay at home against Brett Favre is HUGE. It was one of the coldest game in NFL history in a stadium where the "experts" said that the Giants had no chance of winning. Tnes kicked the longest field goal by any opponent in Packers play off history.

To say that the Giants aren't all that good, is nonsense. They earned this win, just like all of the others. Even if they don't win the Super Bowl, they earned the right to play in it.

Jim

3arod13
01-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Not all that good? Surely you jest!

The Giants defense has been damn near the best on football. Manning has really started to play smart and show some of his detractors what he is made of. Rookies like Steve Smith, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Kevin Boss have stepped up and become leaders. The Giants suffered through a series of key player injuries and have held their own. They traveled all the way to England and pulled off a win in the mud puddle known as Wembley stadium. Brandon Jacobs is a monster and has made people forget Tiki Barber. Hell, even Plaxico Burress has remembered how to catch a football!

The Giants have reeled off 10 straight road wins, an NFL record. They have beaten Tampa Bay, Dallas and now Green Bay, all top ranked teams. They damn near beat the Pats at the end of the season. Beating Green Bay at home against Brett Favre is HUGE. It was one of the coldest game in NFL history in a stadium where the "experts" said that the Giants had no chance of winning. Tnes kicked the longest field goal by any opponent in Packers play off history.

To say that the Giants aren't all that good, is nonsense. They earned this win, just like all of the others. Even if they don't win the Super Bowl, they earned the right to play in it.

Jim

Hey Jim, don't get so defensive. There's nothing wrong with a little luck (lol).

Good for the Giants. Next game, tough road game

mwbosoxfan
01-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I think the Pats will be a pretty tall order for the Giants, even though as of late they are playing as good as or better than anyone in the league.

In my sports memorabilia collecting endeavors, I collect sports action figures. Anyone know where I can find one of these LT Ltd. Edition versions of him supporting his team. For as classy of a guy as he will tell you he is, never moving off the bench one time to talk to teammates or show any moral support speaks volumes.

Vintagedeputy
01-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey Jim, don't get so defensive. There's nothing wrong with a little luck (lol).

Good for the Giants. Next game, tough road game

Haha, I'm not defensive, just basking in our good season!

As far as being a tough road game, the Giants seem to play well on the road as of late and they gave the Pats a run for their money in the last meeting. It should be a really, really good game.

Jim

Vintagedeputy
01-21-2008, 03:05 PM
I think the Pats will be a pretty tall order for the Giants, even though as of late they are playing as good as or better than anyone in the league.

In my sports memorabilia collecting endeavors, I collect sports action figures. Anyone know where I can find one of these LT Ltd. Edition versions of him supporting his team. For as classy of a guy as he will tell you he is, never moving off the bench one time to talk to teammates or show any moral support speaks volumes.

That is, perhaps, one of the funniest things that I've ever seen in my life. Thanks for sharing!

Jim

nate
01-21-2008, 03:17 PM
The Pats were a pretty good team that played the Bears in '85.

Should the 2007 Pats make a music video? Maybe include Giselle?

allstarsplus
01-21-2008, 04:17 PM

I agree with you and was surprised by the numerous pics of LT sitting on the bench by himself. You need to find the version with LT with his helmet on with the Hannibal facemask sitting on the bench as that is the collector's item.

Congrats to the NY Giants and for showing everyone you can win big games without Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey.

mwbosoxfan
01-21-2008, 06:36 PM
That is, perhaps, one of the funniest things that I've ever seen in my life. Thanks for sharing!

Jim

Jim,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I laughed when I saw it, too. I had actually seen it on another site this morning, and thought that someone was very creative to Photoshop a bench into the package. It turns out that's the real deal - this is actually how LT's action figure is sold - with him sitting on a friggin' bench! How appropriate.

John

Vintagedeputy
01-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Jim,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I laughed when I saw it, too. I had actually seen it on another site this morning, and thought that someone was very creative to Photoshop a bench into the package. It turns out that's the real deal - this is actually how LT's action figure is sold - with him sitting on a friggin' bench! How appropriate.

John

Next year's set will have Tom Brady sitting on his couch watching the Giants Super Bowl parade on his tv.

harpt
01-21-2008, 08:00 PM
I had a Giants fan sitting right in front of me. It was such a crazy game that he didn't bother anyone, and noone bothered him either. He didn't even gloat after the field goal...I'd like to hope we'd have all handled it with as much class had we won. Then again...maybe his jaw was just frozen shut.

nate
02-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Wow..... Congratulations!

Vintagedeputy
02-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!

We Did It!

allstarsplus
02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Congrats to the Giant fans. This win in upset fashion rivals that of Namath beating the Colts.

Does this even things up for the NY/Boston sports rivalry?

skyking26
02-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I am not really a football fan. I care about this only because my son is. I have never seen him respond to a player or team like he did with the Patriots. The way he looked at the last moments of this game will haunt me for awhile. Tough lesson learned that just because somebody says someone is a favorite does not make it so. Look at the 2006 Tigers.

NegleyPirate
02-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Next Year's Halftime show:
Tom Brady & The Heartbreakers...

Congratulation Giants!

Yankwood
02-04-2008, 12:31 AM
almost!!They won the one that mattered. Hard to believe 18-1 is a dasappointment, but let's face it-it is.....!!!

both-teams-played-hard
02-04-2008, 03:24 AM
Next year's set will have Tom Brady sitting on his couch watching the Giants Super Bowl parade on his tv.

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9278/brady1aq5.jpg

Vintagedeputy
02-04-2008, 07:02 AM
HAHAHA!

Take THAT Tom Brady!

I am still in total shock! I cannot believe that we did it. Bellichick walks off the field in disgust with time still on the clock, what a poor sport.

NEW YORK GIANTS!

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

allstarsplus
02-04-2008, 08:35 AM
I just can't stop thinking of Tiki Barber who was so negative on Coughlin and Eli Manning and the Giants when they started 0-2.

Do you think Tiki was thinking that the Giants couldn't win without him?

Vintagedeputy
02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Tiki who?

hahahha!

camarokids
02-04-2008, 12:37 PM
The Patriots LOSE ! Yes I am SOOOOO Freakin happy that they did lose !

Congrats to the GIANTS !

Bellicheat ! what a sore sport !!!!

And to all who kept talking all week long like the Patriots had already won and Tom Brady is the best QB ever ......

I guess they weren't so perfect after all !

18 and 1 is a disappointment .......

1972 Miami Dolphins ! Yeah Baby ! Still the one and only Perfect Season !