PDA

View Full Version : Please Read - Game Used Universe Experts' Corner

ChrisCavalier
02-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Hello Everyone-

I have received a few questions recently regarding some changes that have been made in the Game Used Universe Experts’ Corner. Therefore, I thought it might be a good idea to post something here to help explain the changes.

The goal of the GUU Experts’ Corner is consistent with the goals of the entire Game Used Universe site. That is, to benefit the collecting community in every way possible. The idea of the Experts’ Corner is to allow recognized authorities, in their respective fields, the opportunity to share information with collectors through the increasingly popular blog (short for weblog) format. It is our intention that users can benefit from the information shared as well as subsequent questions that can be asked of the experts.

We at Game Used Universe are constantly looking for ways to benefit the collecting community. As such, I believe the GUU Experts’ Corner has already demonstrated how valuable it can be to users of this site. Specifically, there have been many great blogs from the following knowledgeable individuals in the following areas of expertise:

Rob Steinmetz (Modern Baseball Jerseys)
Jim Yackel (Game Used Uniform and Equipment)
Barry Meisel (Hockey/Other Game Used Jerseys)
Vince Malta (Game Used Bats)
Mike Specht (Game Used Bats)
Jim Caravello (Game Used Bats)
Justin Priddy (Autographs)
Mike Baker (Trading Cards)
Scott Kent (Game Used College Items)

It is always our objective to find ways to benefit the users of our site. This may include adding (in fact we hope to add more experts in the future) or removing individuals from our Experts’ Corner. In every instance we have the collecting community foremost in mind when making those decisions. To that end, I have received a number of questions recently regarding the fact that Bernie Gernay is no longer on the GUU Experts’ Corner. In early January, after speaking with Mr. Gernay, it was decided that, for a number of reasons, it would be in the best interest of everyone involved if Bernie no longer participated in the GUU Experts’ Corner. This decision should not be perceived as a statement against Mr. Gernay and we wish him well in his future endeavors.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions about the GUU Experts’ Corner. We are extremely excited about what this valuable area of the site is bringing to collectors and we are proud to have the people currently involved as participants.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO – Game Used Universe