PDA

View Full Version : jan.21 cards winter warm up

kj33706
01-21-2008, 01:58 PM
So i go to the winter warm up this morning, and got my rick ankiel used bat signed GAME USED 07 Rick Ankiel...... Very nice guy. Then i go to the silent auction and bid on a Chris Carpender game used signed mlb authenticated hammered X bat and won it......... Very good day overal.
Yesterday had my Brendan Ryan game used bat and was in line with my pal Wade and he had his game used bat and was getting another game used bat signed for (Jeff Scott). So wade went first and got both bats signed Brendan Ryan and game used 07... So when i went he looked at my bat and said (Wow i loved that bat, It was my first ever bat i used at my first mlb plate apperance). So he signed it Brendan Ryan game used 07 and First big leauge at bat......... VERY GREAT AND CLASSEY GUY....... Thought i would share a good story about a good guy.......... Over all the warm up was good except the cards store was HORRIBLE...........
GO CARDS IN 08.....

kj33706
01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
what else did everyone else get and any other good stories to tell

PK
01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Very cool story, glad to hear Brendan is a down to Earth kid.

How did you pick up the bat? Got any pictures? I am looking to add to my Brendan Ryan collection, he and I have the same birthday and Ryan is also my son's name.

I have his first (and maybe only) home jersey from last year. I bought it directly from the Cards. He made his debut on the road in #63, then switched to 13. My home #13 jersey you can see where they took off the 6 and replaced it with a 1. Having that, I would think he made his home debut in this jersey.

cigarman44
01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I picked up the "Brian Ludwig" bat Saturday. Tried for the Gary Bennett bat Sunday but it was over 175 the last I saw. I got my Ankiel and Miles bat signed. Bought a game used helmet from the authentics store and got it signed by everyone else. I was 5th in line Sat when they opened up the ticket sales. Buddy of mine got there at 4 friday afternoon. I got in town about 8. I'd be interested in that Ryan bat if you want to ever sell it. I would pay cash or have a Pujols for trading. Let me know either way. Thanks

Joe Edwards

kj33706
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
i got my brendan ryan bat from chesterfield sprots in chesterfield missour. breandan is a great guy and i was glad what he wrote on the bat why don't you send me pics of the albert bat..........

cigarman44
01-22-2008, 05:57 PM
if you go to my site it is on there. I can get you more if you need them