View Full Version : Albert Pujols game used jersey being cut up

dodgersfan
01-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Check this out.......

http://www.allauthentic.com/index.php?act=itemdetails&item_id=630

Rudy Sauceda

bigtruck260
01-24-2008, 03:50 PM
I have more of an issue with them charging $30 to ship it when you buy one on eBay. It's an OK piece, but not groundbreaking. I wouldn't personally buy one.

Dave

Birdbats
01-24-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't feel bad about this... but I do feel bad for anyone who is buying these pieces. Pujols jerseys from 2006 should have a straight hem (or have the tails cut off with scissors). It also should have a year flag -- only the spring training jerseys were missing the year flag, and I own Albert's 2006 spring training road shirt (with team LOA). In the video, you can briefly see the "5" on front is flush right with the logo above -- that's not where the "5" is aligned on legit jerseys. They're cutting up what almost surely is a bogus jersey.

bigtruck260
01-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't feel bad about this... but I do feel bad for anyone who is buying these pieces. Pujols jerseys from 2006 should have a straight hem (or have the tails cut off with scissors). It also should have a year flag -- only the spring training jerseys were missing the year flag, and I own Albert's 2006 spring training road shirt (with team LOA). In the video, you can briefly see the "5" on front is flush right with the logo above -- that's not where the "5" is aligned on legit jerseys. They're cutting up what almost surely is a bogus jersey.

Funny considering the name of the company. FOr the money, why not just buy a high end game used card and put it in a nice frame? The resale value will be higher (not that any of us invest in our hobby, right)

Jeff Scott with the save (again). If only we could put you in the trade mags as an "expert" on Cardinals stuff...If the auctions houses were smart, they would enlist your services.

Dave

Birdbats
01-24-2008, 06:13 PM
It also should have a year flag -- only the spring training jerseys were missing the year flag, and I own Albert's 2006 spring training road shirt (with team LOA).

Another collector just reminded me there are some legit '06 Cardinals shirts without year flags. Shoot, I just won a 2006 road LaRussa at the Warm Up this weekend -- signed, great wear, team LOA and no year flag -- so I should have qualified that comment. Still, the tails and the front number alignment suggest the Pujols shirt is not what it's advertised to be.

Eric
01-24-2008, 06:35 PM
From their website...
Complete with ESA Authentication!
BEWARE of people on eBay selling game used merchandise. Most of it is not real. Our 2006 Albert Pujols Game Used Cardinals Jersey was authenticated by ESA and comes with their COA and Hologram. This jersey was ACTUALLY WORN IN A GAME by Pujols and it was fully inspected by ESA in regard to characteristics, identifiers, aesthetics, provenance, and game wear.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is that ESA Expert Sports Authentication which was discussed here?
https://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=4732
If not, does anyone know what ESA is?

Rob L
01-24-2008, 07:04 PM
The dramatic music on the videos has me sold. Only 200 bones!!! :D

Rob L

Birdbats
01-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Probably the same entity, Eric. Late in the tread to which you linked, there's this reference to a 2006 Pujols road jersey...

3. Albert Pujols Cardinals 2006 Away Jersey. This Jersey was purchased as a "GAME ISSUED" Jersey on August 27th, 2006 on ebay for $1500 by "turtlegrrl". A 2006 Pujols Away Jersey sold on December 15, 2006 as a "GAME USED" Jersey at Historic Auctions for $2342.56.

Coincidence?

Birdbats
01-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Just checked the 12/06 HA catalog -- the Pujols road shirt in there had a year flag... so it's not the same shirt being cut up in the video.

I can't retrieve the eBay listing of the issued jersey purchased by turtlegrrl on 8/27/06. It's old and apparently expired.

Eric
01-25-2008, 09:28 AM
To answer my own question, further research shows that the esa coa is signed by brad wells and bernie gernay.
it can be seen in a video clip on the allauthentic.com website.
anyone know anything about ESA? Do they have a website?

stlcardsfan
02-02-2008, 01:45 AM
my computer couldnt play the video...perhaps im better off