PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pics of Jay Bruce in Futures game...

brianborsch
01-25-2008, 01:53 AM
Hello,

Looking in particular for a pic of Jay Bruce hitting that mammoth triple in the second inning. If anyone can help me find one that would be awesome!

Brian B

chakes89
01-25-2008, 02:15 AM
Good Luck Finding Any

I have pics of him from everywhere but the Futures Game

They are just impossible to find

Nice price on the ball by the way. :)

brianborsch
01-25-2008, 03:01 AM
Yeah, I am having a hard time finding the pic. I have found pics of him in the Futures game, just not a pic of the actual hit. I may just have to settle for the other pics from the Futures game for the display.
I had the ball on ebay for a high price because I ultimately wanted to keep it, but I would have parted for a hefty calling. I had a few watchers and inquiries, but no bites. That's ok though. If Bruce becomes big and I decide to part with it, it will fetch BIG money as Jay Bruce has no other hits mlb authenticated, and probably never will. How often do you see an item like that? Let alone one of such an EPIC hit from a great player. EVERYONE was talkin' about it. Hopefully he makes the team out of ST this year.

brianborsch
01-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey Chakes,

Here are the two pics I have found outside of his 2007 Bowman card:

BoneRubbedBat
01-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Here's one of him batting during the game.

chakes89
01-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Those 3 are the onlys one I have found also.

I will look more today though

brianborsch
01-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Marcus, can you email me a copy of that pic? When and where did you get it? That at bat is definitely the one where he hit the triple as his uniform is clean on the legs. If he was getting a hit there, then that may be the triple hit. I know it was a high hit, and thats a pretty high swing...I think. If you can, email me the pic at: brianborsch@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Brian B

5kRunner
01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Brian,
Just Right Click, Save Picture As.

You can save it anywhere you want to.

jshortt
01-25-2008, 06:39 PM
No pics, but just wanted to stop in and say that Jay is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Really down to earth. I had him sign a Futures ball for me at one of the Bats' home games, and he talked to me for nearly 5 minutes about how much fun the game was to play in. I ended up getting one of his Louisville jerseys (to go along with my 2 game bats) and when I saw him last month he signed it with the inscription "07 Minor League POY." He always says "yes/no sir/ma'am," too, which kinda weirds me out considering I'm not that much older than he is.

I'm not gonna lie, I was one of the watchers on that ball, I just couldn't pull the trigger. If it had been a little lower, then maybe.

-Josh

brianborsch
01-25-2008, 08:39 PM
yeah, the ball is pretty sweet. I want to know the source of the pic as I want to get it in high res if possible.

BoneRubbedBat
01-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Brian,

I found the photo on MLB.com. There is a section dedicated to the 2007 All-Star weekend, with a photo series for the Futures game. I didn't alter the size, so I think this one is as good as it gets. I hope it is the one you are looking for.

brianborsch
01-26-2008, 06:09 AM
Hey Thanks for the info Marcus!

His uniform is clean in the pic (at least I can see with the leg, he had tons of dirt on his left leg from sliding for the triple. In the pic his left leg looks clean) so it is during his first at-bat (which was when his triple was hit) AND his first swing was when he hit the triple, so this is THE pic of him hitting it! I watched the video and even paused it at the moment after he connects and his bat is at the perfect angle compared to this pic AND his form is exact. Freeze the 2007 Futures Game video at 29:46 and have the pic side-by-side with the video and you will see. If I can get a high-res version, this will be the photo on display with my Jay Bruce triple ball from the 2007 Futures Game. Yes!!!

brianborsch
02-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Found the following pics of Jay during the triple at-bat as well as running the bases before sliding into third. Once I get these, my display for my triple ball will be SWEET!