PDA

View Full Version : Asi????

brianborsch
02-02-2008, 03:31 AM
They have a few Dioner Navarro auctions up on ebay and I noticed one bat is from "his first two major league home runs with the Yankees in 2004". He never hit any home runs in the majors with the Yankees. HIs first two career major league home runs came in 2005 with the Dodgers. Is ASI reputable? Or shady???

allstarsplus
02-02-2008, 05:54 AM
He did play in 2004 for the Yankees, but you are correct that he had no HRs for the Yankees (Majors) or in Spring Training for the Yankees in 2004, but did hit 4 HRs in the Minor Leagues in the Yankee organization between Trenton and Columbus in 2004. :confused:

His 1st 2 MLB HRs came in 2005 for the Dodgers so you definitely have some issue with the auction description. His bat inscription could be for Minor League use or maybe it should have been dated 2005----

Item Description
You are bidding on an Dioner Navarro signed game used bat. Dioner used this bat during his time spent with the New York Yankees. He signed this bat in crisp silver paint pen. This would be great for any Navarro fan or even any Baseball fan in general. Dont miss out on your chance to add this great piece to your collection today!! If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Thank you and good luck!!

On Jan-31-08 at 11:52:10 PST, seller added the following information:

Dioner used this bat to hit his 1st ever major league home runs during the 2004 season.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIONER-NAVARRO-SIGNED-GAME-USED-BAT-RAYS-ASI_W0QQitemZ170189949978QQihZ007QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone want to contact ASI and let them know the issues????

Andrew

brianborsch
02-02-2008, 06:57 AM
I have already sent them an email via the auction asking them to explain it to me since he had no MLB home runs in 2004. No response yet...

BB

tilley72
02-02-2008, 10:13 AM
There items usually come with a signed LOA from the player specifically, which is nice. My theory is that they noted Yankees and didn't really think about if he got the home runs in the minors, with Trenton or Columbus, or the majors, with the Yankees, as it doesn't even note where it was the bat was game used. I have obtained a few items from ASI, and they seem to be legit to me.

suave1477
02-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Not only that since Dioner only played in a few games with the Yankees there is only so many bats that could even possibly be on the market from that time.

I actually own one of his game used bats from the Yankees and it hows a couple of ball marks.

He couldnt have used more then 2 or 3 bats while with them.

He only played in about 5 games.

suave1477
02-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Just to add to it, I looked over the bat again and it shows heavy use which would lead me to beleive that this was a Dodgers bat not a Yankees which would make more sense.
Since he had
7 AB Yankees
176 AB Dodgers

I bet ASI got there facts mixed up wrong and should of listed the description as a Dodgers Used bat not Yankees.

brianborsch
02-02-2008, 02:45 PM
But he never played with the Dodgers in 2004 and the bat is inscribed 2004. It is not from his Major League play.

Brian B

suave1477
02-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Brian even players can make mistakes too.

He probably forgot what the actual year was or by accident put 2004 and meant to put 2005.

brianborsch
02-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Or, as stated before, it could be from his 1st and 2nd home runs of 2004 in the minors.

Brian B

suave1477
02-03-2008, 12:11 AM
It could be anyone of the Answers......

But here is my question then if its from the Minors, then why did he put Major League as you stated?

Well I emailed ASI also and there response was it is from his first Home Runs in the Yankees orginization which to me still brings up more questions, because his first home runs in the orginization were in 2001.

So I emailed back asking about this and I am stilll waiting a response.

brianborsch
02-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Yeah, somewhere the details are wrong, because the story as it is does not fly. Can't wait to hear it. I have emailed them as well asking about this via ebay and they have not responded yet. Let me know if you hear anything, and I will do the same. Dioner does not have a big backing anymore. He will have to really do well, if he wants to garner faith from people and the Devil Rays in 2008.

Brian B

suave1477
02-03-2008, 02:48 AM
Well heres my thoughts Brian the Yankees should have never let him go. But why would we keep him when we have Wil Nieve who I think must of set the record or if not came pretty dam close with having the most at bats in Major League history with out getting a hit. I think he went like 0 for 30

I remember the first time Wil Nieves hit the ball he was so excited he finally made contact with the ball and he had a gauranteed single, but he tried to stretch it into a double and got tagged out. Everyone in the dug out was hysterical laughing because heres this kid trying so hard to get a hit and he finally gets one and hes trying to push it for a double. Derek got up out of the dug out and laughed and patted him on his back:p

brianborsch
02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, even though Dioner is practically a nobody, and the ASI info does not match up yet, I won the bat for $22.50! Hopefully I can figure out the truth (and hopefully it is not a fake GU bat). For $22.50 I can't go wrong right? The bat is uncracked....

suave1477
02-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Brian I don't think its a fake bat I just think somewhere along the lines facts got screwed up, but I did receive another response from them for my last question and would you beleive they sent me back the exact same response from my first question.

It waslike they didn't even read my new question and just copy and pasted there old answer to answer my new question.:confused: