Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaderock
    • Jan 2008

Real or fake...2000 AFC Team Signed Football

Was this a "deal" or was I correct in passing on it?

From the looks of the scans, the ball looks like one of those Team balls with facsimile signatures that are printed on the ball "perfectly". Am I correct in that assessment?!?

My "ebay rival/friend" picked it up thinking that I didn't see it. When he got it, he came over to show it to me. The only "good" thing out of this is that the seller seems to be ok with a return of the item.

My questions: Why would a seller "vaguely" (a power seller at that) list this in the Autographs-Original (other than to deceive).

To further deceive people, they "faded" the printed on signatures to make it look like it "blended/bleeded" into the ball.

Why would there be a PSA/DNA Letter of Authencity of a facsimile ball?!? The also make a minor typo "2002".

Who is Kingdom Collectibles of Honolulu Hawaii?

Here's the original listing on AmericanMemorabilia.com

Thoughts?!?
  • commando
    • Nov 2007

Re: Real or fake...2000 AFC Team Signed Football

Man, I would think that PSA/DNA wouldn't be fooled by a pre-printed ball. But, even if the signatures are not-pre-printed, they have not aged well in seven or eight years. I'd hate to imagine how they will look in another eight years, if you get my drift...
    sigpic
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Comment

• jaderock
      • Jan 2008

Re: Real or fake...2000 AFC Team Signed Football

Although this has ended, I wanted to see if anyone is from Hawaii or knows about team balls. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you

Comment

Working...