PDA

View Full Version : Must See

b.heagy
02-11-2008, 10:53 AM
In case you missed it.

http://www.wfaa.com/video/index.html?nvid=215291

ahuff
02-11-2008, 11:05 AM
That is an amazing piece of investigative reporting.

sportscentury
02-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow - this really is a "Must See!"

WadeInBmore
02-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Yikes...that sucks. Great video and good looking out. I would be extremely pissed off if I got burned like that...and you know that if Heritage is making these mistakes then almost everyone probably does. Scary. Atleast they are honoring a refund...its amazing how many of these stories that people on this forum dig up and find.

wade

sportscentury
02-11-2008, 06:05 PM
...and you know that if Heritage is making these mistakes then almost everyone probably does.

Really? Are auction houses generally this wilfully blind? The news report made it sound like this was way beyond being chronically negligent. From what I saw in the new resport, several people had emailed them well before the fact, but it had no effect. This is an interesting question that you've raised ... what do folks think?

js0000001
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
man and I just bought a ball from them

geoff
02-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Thats why I don't do Auction Houses.

suave1477
02-12-2008, 05:25 PM
I think it is just extremely poor judgement on Heritage. Just as they said in the interview they took something for face value and that was it.
Could they have played a roll in it, I believe they knew exactly what it was, why else would your response be "we took it for face value"

That would be a normal response from someone who know they were doing wrong and just didn't want to take the blame for it directly.

Here is what I don't understand in a hobby/industry that thrives on provenance/ authentication does a major auction house "just take something for face" (PLEASE READ MY ABOVE SENTENCE)

Makes me wonder how many other items over the years they "just took for face value"?????