Must See

In case you missed it.

Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !
  • ahuff
    • Nov 2005

Re: Must See

That is an amazing piece of investigative reporting.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Comment

• sportscentury
      • Nov 2005

Wow - this really is a "Must See!"
      Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• WadeInBmore
        • Sep 2007

Yikes...that sucks. Great video and good looking out. I would be extremely pissed off if I got burned like that...and you know that if Heritage is making these mistakes then almost everyone probably does. Scary. Atleast they are honoring a refund...its amazing how many of these stories that people on this forum dig up and find.

wade

Comment

• sportscentury
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by WadeInBmore
          ...and you know that if Heritage is making these mistakes then almost everyone probably does.
          Really? Are auction houses generally this wilfully blind? The news report made it sound like this was way beyond being chronically negligent. From what I saw in the new resport, several people had emailed them well before the fact, but it had no effect. This is an interesting question that you've raised ... what do folks think?
          Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• js0000001
            • May 2007

man and I just bought a ball from them

Comment

• geoff
              • Nov 2005

Thats why I don't do Auction Houses.

Comment

• suave1477
                Banned
                • Jan 2006

I think it is just extremely poor judgement on Heritage. Just as they said in the interview they took something for face value and that was it.
                Could they have played a roll in it, I believe they knew exactly what it was, why else would your response be "we took it for face value"

That would be a normal response from someone who know they were doing wrong and just didn't want to take the blame for it directly.

Here is what I don't understand in a hobby/industry that thrives on provenance/ authentication does a major auction house "just take something for face" (PLEASE READ MY ABOVE SENTENCE)

Makes me wonder how many other items over the years they "just took for face value"?????

Comment

Working...