PDA

View Full Version : Is shill bidding legal in Nevada?

lund6771
02-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know the answer to this question?

THanks

kingjammy24
02-11-2008, 04:50 PM
hey lund

i remember you asking this question before here:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=7924

here's my previous reply:
"there are no states where shill bidding is allowed. it's a federal felony offense. if it occurs in an online auction, then it's considered wire fraud and is punishable by up to 5 yrs in the clink plus significant fines/restitution. it probably wouldn't be difficult to also incur a charge of mail fraud in there as well which is another federal offense. additionally, every state has laws against fraud and shill bidding constitutes fraud. and yes, all of this includes the great state of nevada."

on a federal and state level, it's considered fraud. there is no state where fraud is legal. see US Code Title 18, Section 1343: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/display.html?terms=1343&url=/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00001343----000-.html

it's unjust that not only did rick kohl and ron fukushima get away with a slap on the wrist for their self-admitted shill bidding, but they were furthermore permitted to continue selling on ebay! although ron did change his ebay id and i'm not sure if ebay was aware that he snuck back.

rudy.

gameused
02-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Rudy,

Ron's account was temporarily suspended for shill bidding, he did return with the same user name gameusedkid after suspension, which he has used since joining ebay on 1/23/00

Bobby

kingjammy24
02-11-2008, 05:19 PM
bobby,

thanks for the correction. my memory was foggy. i thought he was tossed off and came back under a new one but apparently what happened was he was suspended and snuck back using a new name. on july 8 2005, he made this post:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/message/1120867150/My+apology+to+the+Game+Used+community

"I understand that when you are suspended you must wait 30 days unitl you can resume. As some of you know I started up again as "CSIGamers." If someone wants to report me to eBay I guess that is your perrogative. I have posted a few items and will continue to post more in the coming weeks."

on july 3, 2005 he made the seller id "CSIgamers" on ebay.

isn't that classic? he's caught committing fraud and in his apology to the gameused community admits he has no intention of taking ebay's suspension and plans on violating their rules again!

"hey guys, sorry about the shill bidding. ebay has suspended me but i don't care, i'm going to continue selling. sure it's against the rules but i don't care. this time i'll be honest though!".

what a class act.

rudy.

gameused
02-11-2008, 08:19 PM
bobby,

thanks for the correction. my memory was foggy. i thought he was tossed off and came back under a new one but apparently what happened was he was suspended and snuck back using a new name. on july 8 2005, he made this post:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/message/1120867150/My+apology+to+the+Game+Used+community

"I understand that when you are suspended you must wait 30 days unitl you can resume. As some of you know I started up again as "CSIGamers." If someone wants to report me to eBay I guess that is your perrogative. I have posted a few items and will continue to post more in the coming weeks."

on july 3, 2005 he made the seller id "CSIgamers" on ebay.

isn't that classic? he's caught committing fraud and in his apology to the gameused community admits he has no intention of taking ebay's suspension and plans on violating their rules again!

"hey guys, sorry about the shill bidding. ebay has suspended me but i don't care, i'm going to continue selling. sure it's against the rules but i don't care. this time i'll be honest though!".

what a class act.

rudy.

Rudy,

I totally agree with you. That's one of the reasons I would never do business with Ron, his bottom line is make as much money as you can with no regards to honest business practices.

A lot of his bats that I have seen on ebay have questionable game use/ballmarks, I posted on the forum about his bats listed on ebay and all of a sudden those bats with similar use were not seen being sold by him on ebay anymore.

Bobby

davetiki
02-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Why does Ebay allow sellers to keep bidder id's private? Does that not make it easier to do? Why would a seller want to keep bidder id's private?

Dave Z

lund6771
02-12-2008, 10:48 AM
There are bigger fish in the sea, than Fukashima & Kohl, that practice shill bidding in almost every auction...

Their day is coming