PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Martin game worn jersey

scottanservitz
02-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I just got my Curtis Martin gamer that I have had on my wish list for over 2 years. I actually won it from AM and I know in the past I said I would never bid in one of their auctions. Well, as most collectors know when a piece for your collection comes around and you like what you see you have to go for it. I bid what I was willing to go including the buyer's premium and lo and behold I won it. It is absolutely a beauty. It shows good wear on it and it has the team stamp on the inside. And it is photo matched. I am more than excited about getting it. I also think I got a good price on it seeing what other star jerseys went for. And I don't think it is all that common to see a legit Martin and a Pats one at that. I have it on my new mannequin I got from tfigg. It looks awesome and I just wanted to share. And yes, it is my new Grail. Enjoy the pics.

jayt1234
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
I was looking to get the Bledsoe or Ty Law from the same auction, but both went for more than I had at the time. C. Martin was such a huge player for the Patriots back then, it was horrible to se him leave. Good display too. Maybe you could get a pair of cheap shoulder pads for it as well.

Jay

toddhead
02-14-2008, 09:20 PM
It's no Steve Young jersey, but I guess it's okay...:p

scottanservitz
02-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Todd,
You're such a kidder!
Jay,
Good idea! Thanks.
Scott

reed1216
02-15-2008, 01:37 AM
Scott,

I saw that and considered bidding, but it's a little outside what I'd consider my scope. Congratulations on a great purchase. In my opinion, he's a first ballot HOFer- probably the most underated back in the past 10-15 years....

scottanservitz
02-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Reed,
Thanks so much! I agree on Martin as the Most underappreciated. Guy just went to work everyday and didn't talk much. One of my favorites.
Scott

nyjetsfan14
02-15-2008, 10:56 AM
C. Martin was such a huge player for the Patriots back then, it was horrible to se him leave.

Curtis will walk into the Hall as a Jet. #28 will be next to 12, 13, and 73 soon. He is one of the top 5 greatest Jets of all time. He is still with the Jets organization today. Curtis is and always will be a Jet, he was definitely a fav of both my son and I. GO JETS!

gridman80
02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Congrats on the Cmart piece. Great score!! Enjoy...Ccan you share the photo match?

scottanservitz
02-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Grindman,
Thanks a lot. There is a photo on Getty that shows the back and as the auction house mentions, the middle of the 8 on the blue portion shows a crimping on the stitching that is bunched up just like the 8 on my jersey. You can see it better in person, but I agree it matches up. The image is #241908. The actual wear I saw after I received the jersey is more profound than you can see on the pictures. The jersey has much more wear on it than I thought. I am very picky about jerseys and have returned some I have purchased in the past due to this very fact. There are so many jerseys out there that just don't justify game use for me that it sometimes gets depressing at times. I also am very comfortable about the team stamping. I have seen jerseys with team letters that just don't show the use that they should. I know as well as most of the collectors out there that it is the buyer's opinion that matters most. If I am not comfortable with the jersey or bat or whatever piece I am thinking about that it is the smart thing to just pass on it. This jersey I am very comfortable with and as such it is staying in my small, but very rewarding collection.
Scott