PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay?

mattmueller
02-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Just a question for the forum members. If you had the opportunity to purchase a game used jersey from a player who you know did not ever actually play in a game with the jersey on, how much would that change how much you would be willing to pay for it? Assume that it has excellent provenance and you are reasonably assured the player at least had it on his body while watching an MLB game. An example would be a player was on the DL during the period a jersey was worn but was traveling with the team, or a pitcher did not pitch on a special day like St. Patricks day etc.

Thanks,
Matt

Sincityson
02-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Just a question for the forum members. If you had the opportunity to purchase a game used jersey from a player who you know did not ever actually play in a game with the jersey on, how much would that change how much you would be willing to pay for it?
Thanks,
Matt

From what I understand, if a player was wearing a jersey and has not entered the game, but sat on the bench, took part in the pre-game, etc.. the jersey is still considered game worn. Now I suppose this definition will vary depending upon who you ask, but alot of jerseys worn in this situation are sold as 'game worn'. That being said, unless the price was way over the top, it probably wouldn't affect the amount I was willing to pay, assuming I really wanted the jersey.. I'd suspect others would think differently. Just a personal preference I suppose..

SCS