PDA

View Full Version : What are you 2008 game used goals?

Vintagedeputy
02-16-2008, 10:29 PM
I dont think that this has been asked before and even though its february already, I think its still early enough. What are your collecting goals this year?

I have a few favorite players that I have been working on:

Jorge Posada - picked up a nice game used bat last year

Ryan Zimmerman - just got a 2007 bat last week, thanks to allstarsplus

Don Mattingly - same day, some how...I'll land a legit gamer at a reasonable price.

and anything else that catches my eye...

what about you guys?

skyking26
02-16-2008, 10:38 PM
I would have to think that obtaining certain pieces from a collection I have a line on are first and foremost. Beyond that; I continue my pursuit of Detroit Tigers GU bats from guys who played on championship teams. It is surprising how LITTLE these bats actually surface.

RK

DonTheLegend
02-16-2008, 10:38 PM
to be honest, i didnt have high hopes for this year.

i initially was hoping to score 2-3 Lankford bats for the entire YEAR.

in years past they just havent surfaced. and when they have i generally try to snatch them up.

there were a couple of times my damn computer when to hell and i wasnt able to pick an item up. it sucks missing out on an item , thinking that another chance may not present itself for months.

anyhow, i have picked up 9 bats and two jerseys so far (thanks to some outstanding forum members) and its only the middle of February.

i love it.

zookerman182
02-16-2008, 10:56 PM
My goal for 08 was to get a trashed bat of soriano, vlad, posada, and manny. I picked up "THE" soriano bat from 06 that is graded 9.5 by psa and beat to death so that checks 1 off the list.

Also my secondary goal is to get game used shoes from either dwight howard or deron williams.

AWA85
02-16-2008, 11:03 PM
This year I would like to add on to my Reds collection. Just picked up my first Adam Dunn bat so that is one of my list early. Next big goal is a Reds jersey from a more recent player that spent a few years with the team.

My final goal is to sell off a few more of my autograph items so I can put that towards game used items (hint hint check out the autograph boards for a deal)

nomarmauerfan
02-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Mine is to pick up 1 or both of the following:

- A 1984-85 Mattingly M110 or T141 bat
- A 1986-89 LVS model 1728 (his rarest model)

Well, a guy can dream. We'll see what happens. If you see a post with the headlines, "My Wife Just Kicked Me Out of the House", then you know I found them. :D

Mike

Dewey2007
02-17-2008, 01:32 AM
This year I am hoping to be able to pick up a somewhat reasonably priced Jimmy Rollins jersey and a Chris Speier jersey too. I am also hoping to get game used items of some of the obscure MLB & NFL players that are from my hometown.

A Willie Stargell jersey is tops on my wish list with WISH being the operative word at this point in time.

thomecollector
02-17-2008, 05:21 AM
I guess mine would have to be to aquire a bunch more Thome stuff. Maybe another glove. I am also trying to wrangle a couple of items out of a fellow collector on this board. You know who you are.(Carl). Anyway, I am off to a good start. Picked up a couple bats, a complete BLC uniform from 2002, and a pair of batting gloves. So, anyone with Thome stuff for sale. Give me a shout.
thomecolector@cox.net

allstarsplus
02-17-2008, 08:34 AM
- First, I want to collect a game used base and ball from Opening Day at the Nationals new stadium and game used bats and jerseys from some of the players like Ryan Zimmerman, Lastings Milledge, Cristian Guzman, and others.

- Game used 2008 Shaq shoes from the Phoenix Suns

- Game used balls and bases from the 2008 Yankee Stadium All Star Game and HR Derby. Also, hope to get a HR Derby jersey and bat. Big goal is to attend the HR Derby and sit in the outfield!

- Ryan Braun Brewers game used bat

- 2008 ARod game used bat & last year of Yankee Stadium items

I know I will have items to add to the list as the year goes on.

If anyone can help with any of these items, let me know.

Andrew info@AllstarsPlus.com

PudgePollyMillerFan
02-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Mine would be to pick up gamers of some more Detroit Tigers........My goals are Cabrera, Willis, Guillen, Todd Jones and Leyland.

yanks12025
02-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Robinson Cano game used items for me. I'll go after more of his stuff now when i have the money because I he's staying with the yankees.

twinsbb17
02-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Goal #1 - An Erstad game used jersey from the Astros. If I was really greedy I'd as for a hat, helmet or bat but I'm a jersey guy.

Goal #2 - Any game used jersey from a Twin. I'm in the process of getting a jersey from every year - it's a chore!

griffeyfan
02-17-2008, 10:13 AM
My hope in 2008 is to find several Griffey game used items including (1) a pair of Mariners home pants, and (2) a dark blue Mariners alternative jersey. I would also like to find a legitimate game used Greg Maddux Braves home jersey. So who can help me with my list? :)

bigtime59
02-17-2008, 10:22 AM
My current wish list for 2008:
1) Angels 2007 red alternate
2) Marlins 2007 or 2004 road with patch
3) London Fletcher #59 2007 Redskins home and road
4) Orioles 1991 orange alternate

My current wish list for 2009:
1) Diamondbacks 2008 set
2) A's 2008 black alternate

As always, help is appreciated!
Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

skyking26
02-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Mine would be to pick up gamers of some more Detroit Tigers........My goals are Cabrera, Willis, Guillen, Todd Jones and Leyland.
PudgeMolly: My guess is you are here in MI. We should meet up sometime. I attend several auto. signings when there is a guy I need. Shoot me an email at skyking442@hotmail.com.

thomecollector
02-17-2008, 10:42 AM
My hope in 2008 is to find several Griffey game used items including (1) a pair of Mariners home pants, and (2) a dark blue Mariners alternative jersey. I would also like to find a legitimate game used Greg Maddux Braves home jersey. So who can help me with my list? :)
Did try that guy that guy on ebay who goes by bbckid ?

SkubeBats
02-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Here is my current wish list:
1)a game used Joe Hauser bat
2)a game used Wes Covigton bat
3)any Brewers game used World Series Bat from 1982
4)a pair of Robin Yount batting gloves
5)a game used Bob Skube bat
6)a 1982 game uesd Brewers jersey (any player)
7)a game used Ned Yost bat
8)a game used Robin Yount 1980-1983 Louisville Slugger or 1982 Adirondack bat
9)a game used Pete Vuckovich bat
10) any Milwaukee Braves game used bats

If you have or know where I can find any of these items please email me.
Thanks!
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

harpt
02-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I collect 9 players (see below) from the 70's/80's Brewers. My goal is to pick up one powder blue (road) jersey from one of these players each year. I have three so far (Moore, Cooper, Oglivie), so one of the remaining 6 will hopefully show up in '08.

Also, I am trying to strengthen my bat collection by adding more pre-1980 H&B's this year.

Great thread!

griffeyfan
02-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Did try that guy that guy on ebay who goes by bbckid ?

I did try BBCKid and he doesn't have a pair. I've also checked with Coast To Coast, California Sports Investments and Mill Creek. I'm striking out everywhere. I'm starting to wonder if Griffey wore pants with the Mariners! There's got to be a pair out there. Can someone step up to the plate and help me out? :(

gamebatsports
02-17-2008, 04:38 PM
unfortnatley, my goals this year are getting rid of stuff, not getting more stuff. Money's always tight.

Some things i'd like to get rid of :

Barry Bonds LVS
Albert Pujols - Pink Mother's Day LVS
Sean Casey - signed LVS
Jorge Posada - LVS

if interested shoot me an email.

zak@brring.com

2000mvpfan
02-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Some of these are wishful thinking for now but:

-A Ryan Howard blood red Diablo bat (I just love how that bat looks)
-A Mike Schmidt bat
-A Don Mattingly LVS to go with the Cooper I already own.

..and oh yeah,any other Giambi stuff I can find!!

bigtruck260
02-17-2008, 05:22 PM
BATS

Scott Rolen Mizuno
Yadier Molina SAM or Marucci
Mark Whiten (Cards) LVS
Gregg Jefferies (Cards) LVS
Fernando Tatis LVS (Cards, proper number on knob)
Placido Polanco (Cards, contract LVS)
Troy Glaus (yeah right. Wait until you see the frenzy for those...);)
Colby Rasmus (see Glaus)
Juan Encarnacion (Cards M9)

CLEATS

Vince Coleman cleats (1986-88)

Dave

bat_master
02-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Some of these are wishful thinking for now but:

-A Ryan Howard blood red Diablo bat (I just love how that bat looks)
-A Mike Schmidt bat
-A Don Mattingly LVS to go with the Cooper I already own.

..and oh yeah,any other Giambi stuff I can find!!

Hi Joe,

I sent you an email about a Ryan Howard Diablo bat that I have. Maybe we could knock one of those three goals out for you early!

If you don't receive an email from me send me one at either tim@hofbats.com or t_byington@yahoo.com and I'll get back to you right away.

woodbat
02-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Still in the hunt for a Cardinals 2001 gamer of #29 Stubby Clapp. They are out there as I have seen photos and a listing that I missed. If you all happen to have one to turn loose of, email me.

Don
woodbat@bellsouth.net

joelsabi
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM
1) Create a display
2) Create an inventory list for my collection
3) Learn information about game used bats and game used jersey
4) Determine what items in my collection i can use for trade and what items are untouchables.

B1SON
02-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Mine was to acquire a 44.5 gram 10k gold 1990 National Championship football ring, which was the last year we won (which i finally came up with the $1,000 I needed on Saturday and bought it from the man) and #2 I am trying to get the basketball jerseys of the starting 5 players from 2005-2006 when we upset #11 Wisconsin during our 1st real season in Division 1 (I am still working the equipment manager on this one). Heres a pic of my new ring. What do you think????

frikativ54
02-18-2008, 12:15 AM
BUYING

1) Finish paying for a Jeff Bagwell game used 2003 Home Pinstripe Jersey. I still owe the seller some serious cash.

2) Get my hands on some Jeff Bagwell turf cleats from the mid-1990s.

3) Get a Bagwell batting helmet and fielder's glove.

4) Get Bagwell batting gloves with a hard shield. I have a pair with a soft protective shield, but I really want some with the actual hard protective shell that Jeff Bagwell actually used.

5) If I have any money to spare, I would like some Lance Berkman stuff, like a game used hat and batting gloves.

SELLING
--

1) Dump my Hunter Pence bat. After he was quite rude when I met him, I would be more than happy should anyone want to take it off my hands. It's a D-Bat AA gamer that he used in the SAL in 2006. I'd want $650 for it. If you are interested, please contact lazukor@gmail.com. The price is negotiable.

grandpahoo
02-18-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty much focusing on trying not to go bankrupt.

davetiki
02-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty much focusing on trying not to go bankrupt.

Ditto that!!

medindians25
02-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Really trying to build up the collection.
Goals:
-Get rid of my cheap GU Jerseys, and in turn get an All-star caliber player GU Jerseys
-Get a GU Item of Albert Pujols: DONE!
-Don't spend more than $100 out of pocket (get money from selling stuff)