PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone put together a memorabilia exhibit?

Dewey2007
02-19-2008, 12:44 AM
My main interest in collecting right now is to try and get game used and other collectibles of former and current pro players from my hometown. Along these lines I have a future goal of hopefully putting together a sports exhibit at our local museum. Not an easy task on the game used end since most of the players are older and obscure and their stuff is next to impossible to find and the bigger name players items are on the expensive end and I'm working with a limited budget. Nevertheless, it's something I thought would be fun to try and do with lots of help of course!

My question is has anyone out there done anything like this before themselves or been apart of an something like this? I know many of you have large collections that could probably be exhibits on their own but I was just curious.

David
02-19-2008, 02:49 AM
I live in Seattle, and I know a Seattle-baseball collector (PCL especially) who helped design displays at Safeco Field.

island_style
02-20-2008, 05:38 AM
My main interest in collecting right now is to try and get game used and other collectibles of former and current pro players from my hometown. Along these lines I have a future goal of hopefully putting together a sports exhibit at our local museum. Not an easy task on the game used end since most of the players are older and obscure and their stuff is next to impossible to find and the bigger name players items are on the expensive end and I'm working with a limited budget. Nevertheless, it's something I thought would be fun to try and do with lots of help of course!

My question is has anyone out there done anything like this before themselves or been apart of an something like this? I know many of you have large collections that could probably be exhibits on their own but I was just curious.

Dewey2007,

I inquired about loaning items to our local museum here, but was told that loans are not permitted. All items must be donated. Once you sign them over, it becomes their property. Not sure how it is in your area, but that's how it is over here.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

ironmanfan
02-20-2008, 07:34 AM
I've had items on loan to the Ripken Museum in Aberdeen, MD (temporarily now closed) and have currently items on loan to the Sports Legends Museum in Baltimore. I enjoy doing because it gives you the ability to show some of your items to other people as opposed to it hanging in your closet.