PDA

View Full Version : Gu: Signed Or Unsigned?

skyking26
02-21-2008, 07:07 PM
maybe Covered Here Before - But Do You Feel A Game Used Piece Signed Or Unsigned Raises Or Decreases Value Of Said Item? Wether Bat, Jersey, Glove...i Still Like Especially With Vintage Stuff Getting Mine Signed. Thoughts?

DRILLINDK
02-21-2008, 07:20 PM
It probably has been covered before, but it's good conversation.

Personally, I would rather have a game used item unsigned. I think it's so difficult to attain a quality signiture. I also like the thought of having the jersey exactly how it was during the game.

Just my personal opinion...what's every1 else's thoughts?

Rick

Chris78
02-21-2008, 07:48 PM
It is interesting someone brought this up because I thought about posting something similar.

I personally prefer my game used items unsigned; however, if it is a special event where the player is only wearing the jersey for one game (normally this is something for charity) then I prefer it being signed. For instance, I have won auctions at the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons for ALS jerseys and also for the 4th of July special jerseys and these were signed, which I would then prefer.

The reason why I thought about asking about this is because of my situation. I won an auction a few weeks ago for a David Brown (G) Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Military jersey and they asked me if I wanted it signed and I said that is fine because it was only worn for this one game. They have yet to get this player to sign it, and now I am seeing on their message boards that this guy was being sent down "briefly" because of a Pittsburgh Penguins Goalie being on the roster due to injury. I was thinking about telling them to forget the signature. This is my first hockey (NHL or minors) game worn jersey by the way.

suave1477
02-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Just to help you guys out this topic was brought up yesterday and many times before this, if you do a search you can find many many threads on this topic.

Just to help you guys out