PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Jeter GU Cleats

DRILLINDK
02-22-2008, 10:37 AM
A pair are up for bidding on ebay w/ steiner LOA. I've messaged the seller asking for pics of both tongue tags.

Only one shoe (the signed one) has a steiner hologram sticker. Is this typical steiner practice?

Any advice on how I can better authenticate these cleats?

Thanks,
Rick

DRILLINDK
02-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Sorry, here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220204803128&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

Item Number: 220204803128

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/globalAssets/rtCurve.gif

joelsabi
02-22-2008, 11:20 AM
A pair are up for bidding on ebay w/ steiner LOA. I've messaged the seller asking for pics of both tongue tags.

Only one shoe (the signed one) has a steiner hologram sticker. Is this typical steiner practice?

Any advice on how I can better authenticate these cleats?

Thanks,
Rick

I have seen previous auctions for steiner cleat of jeters with only one cleat and also on their website for sale/

suave1477
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I will agree with JoesAlibi I was thinking the same thing normally Steiner sells one cleat at a time. Which would make this item very unique that both cleats are being offfered.
If those are something your interested in I would jump on them.

I don't know the practices of Steiner putting holograms on both but the LOA states cleats - meaning more then 1 - and the both look to have about the same kind of use on it.
I am not an expert but I would say they look good.

DRILLINDK
02-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I will agree with JoesAlibi I was thinking the same thing normally Steiner sells one cleat at a time. Which would make this item very unique that both cleats are being offered.
If those are something your interested in I would jump on them.

My belief exactly. I'm thrown off by the PAIR being offered together. Although, lelands did offer a pair of Jeter cleats in one of their past auctions.

But, why would only one cleat be authenticated with a holo. I've requested pics of the tongue tags and of the bottom of the shoes. I'll post them when/if I receive them.

Rick

GameBats
02-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Rick,

If you really want a pair of cleats call Bob Malandro at Steiner. They have at least 50 pairs of cleats on hand. If he can work a deal he will. He's fair and honest. Why take the risk?

DRILLINDK
02-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Good point, I will be contacting him. Thanks for the info.

Rick

Game Used Bats
02-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I was quoted $1800 per cleat. Making one "pair" $3,600 which is laughable.

Anthony

DRILLINDK
02-25-2008, 10:47 PM
I haven't contacted Steiner yet, but that is out of my league. Did you speak with Bob M.?

As for the Ebay cleats, the seller has not responded to my request for more pics of the cleats-ie, bottom sole pics, tongue pics, etc.