PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens and Jose Canseco

3arod13
02-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Well, it seems both Roger Clemens and Jose Canseco have both hurt themselves.

Roger Clemens for lying. Jose Canseco for lying for Roger Clemens.

Although Canseco has proven he has told some truth in the past. Who will believe alot when he says from here on out?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080222&content_id=2384393&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

3arod13
02-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Meant, "Who will believe alot of what he says from here on out?"

toddhead
02-23-2008, 08:59 AM
I actually have the picture that was taken... Canseco isn't looking directly at him, so maybe he didn't "see" him there... We, as a community should try to caption this picture...
http://www.honorcoins.com/dumbanddumber.jpg

Swoboda4
02-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Since MLB couldn't take care of the steroid issue, even well after it was apparent what was going on, someone else apparently had to. And the end result is some people who should have been enroute to Cooperstown are instead going to Lewisburg. Like Fredo in Godfather 2 who couldn't take control his wife and allowed Al Neri to remove her,so to is Bud "Fredo" Selig,allowing the situation to be cleaned up by the Government,who unlike Selig realizes America and baseball are synonymous.

3arod13
02-23-2008, 12:05 PM
I think it's time for everyone to just move on and right this off as the steriod era. Some we know did, and many will go undetected.

David
02-23-2008, 01:13 PM
"Those who forget (or ignore) the past are doomed to repeat it."

If you turn a blind eye to the past, you aren't really moving on-- you're just pretending you're moving on.

David
02-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Besides, from a purely practical standpoint, how can baseball solve future drug problems if it don't look at how drugs were obtained and used in the past. Any good system, for drug testing or any purpose, is based on assessing and address past problems. A system that ignores past problems is assured of being a bad system in the future.

David
02-23-2008, 02:54 PM
As far as the Clemens and Canseco brigade goes, no one has ever mistaken either for being a nuclear physicist, and if they're leading their own legal teams there's bound to be some dumb and dumberer moments. A lawyer would advise Clemens not to do a lot of the stuff he has done (tell stories to Congress, some which were, to be charitable, implausible), which means a lot of the stuff is Clemens' idea. If you have someone like Clemens or Canseco planing the legal path, a lot of stupid stuff will happen. Even as a a public relations exercise, Clemens 'plan' has entirely backfired. His 'plan' has only served to make him look 3x worse in the public's eyes and, well, rather dumb(erer).

NegleyPirate
02-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Drug use in sports has been around forever. I don't think anything will ever change.

JasonM33
02-24-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm not that mad about guys the taking steroids. I don't like it but I accept it. But this stuff about Canseco and Clemens lying about the party is not acceptable. If it's true I'm really pi**ed at both of them. These guys all need to man up and admit what they did. Cut the BS. I'm sick of the soap opera drama and the lawyer spin. It's killing what's left of my love of baseball.

-Jason M

3arod13
02-24-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm not that mad about guys the taking steroids. I don't like it but I accept it. But this stuff about Canseco and Clemens lying about the party is not acceptable. If it's true I'm really pi**ed at both of them. These guys all need to man up and admit what they did. Cut the BS. I'm sick of the soap opera drama and the lawyer spin. It's killing what's left of my love of baseball.

-Jason M

Jason, well said!