PDA

View Full Version : Scott Spiezio released by St Louis

stlbats
02-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Once again, we have another player involved in off field antics resulting in probably the end of his career. Details of this on the Cards website. At least maybe this opens a spot for Brendan Ryan on the roster. Glad I got my Spiezio bat signed in January.

Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

Birdbats
02-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Glad I got my Spiezio bat signed in January.

I was thinking the same thing. This is really sad, but the team did the right thing. Stories published recently about Scott suggested his teammates worried he might end up like Josh Hancock. Their concern and intervention got him into rehab, but apparently it didn't take. I hope he can straighten himself out.

Rob L
02-27-2008, 10:21 PM
What a bummer. I hope he can find the help that he needs and get back into the game. Game 6, bottom of 7th inning of the 2002 World Series is forever burned into my mind.

Rob L

bigtruck260
02-28-2008, 12:23 AM
He just lives that kind of lifestyle - he's a rocker....

I had a feeling that something would happen this season with him anyway - I'm just glad that he was not a big part of the team and this happened during a pennant run (:) )...

Anyway, I wish him well - we all have our vices.

Dave

Vintagedeputy
04-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Just read today that Atlanta signed Spiezio. He will be reporting here to AAA Richmond.

bigtruck260
04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Good to hear it. Scott is a heck of a player - and if he can turn it around in AAA, he will be an asset in the stretch for someone.

Everyone has a vice (or two)...and his not playing somewhere could have been his demise. Hopefully, he realizes how lucky he is to be with ANY team. I would still take him back in a heartbeat. He is a good fit in STL.

Dave

Vintagedeputy
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I may just have to run down to the Diamond to get an auto or 2 before ATL calls him up.

Vintagedeputy
04-13-2008, 09:55 AM
On Friday, I mailed a baseball card to Spiezio in care of the Richmond Braves. I figured it would be an easy way to get an autograph.

Today (Sunday), I read that Atlanta released him due to showing up for a game "not prepared to play" (drunk?)

Jim

ironmanfan
04-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Friday night was the home opener for the new Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Phillies AAA) & I saw Spiezo during player introductions prior to the game although he didn't play in the game. I thought there may have been more info in the local papers here about the release, but all I saw was the wire stuff. I hope the guy gets the help he obviously needs.