PDA

View Full Version : STRAWBERRY Game Used Collection Complete/Finished

suave1477
02-28-2008, 01:02 AM
TO ALL MEMBERS I WRITE THIS THREAD IN POSITIVE NEWS AND EXCITEMENT.

I Finally Completed My Darryl Strawberry Game Used Collection Which Has Taken Years And Which Recently I Was Able To Obtain The Last 2 Items That I Had On My List To Get Which A List I Started Years Ago.
Not To Say I Would Never Add More, But Everything I Set Out Goals For That I Wanted In My Collection I Was Able To Get.

First Off, I Would Like To Thank Along With My Own Sources, The Members Here Through The Years Who Have Helped In Either I Purchased From, Traded For Or They Pointed Me In The Right Direction Of Where To Go.

I Am Trying To Put Together A Sports Memorabilia Room As Soon As I Do I Will Post Pictures.
But To Give You Guys Items Over Time That I Have Collected.

A Game Used Jersey From Every Team He Played For.
Regular Season Jerseys
Batting Practice Jerseys
World Series Jerseys

Bats
Batting Gloves
Cleats
Wristbands
Regular Season / World Series Used Fielding Glove

and More

Thank You Everyone!!!

whatupyos
02-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Congrats my friend! That must be a huge weight off your shoulder! I'm happy for you.

Aaron

MSpecht
02-28-2008, 02:06 AM
Outstanding....

So here are the questions:

1) What was the first item that started it all ?

2) What was the final item you obtained ?

3) Which item has the "best story" behind how you were able to obtain it ?

4) If you had to get rid of all of the collection except for one item, which item would you keep ?

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

suave1477
02-28-2008, 03:38 AM
Whatupyos thanks so much.

MSpecht wow those are deep questions and I answer them with a smile.

1) My first item was a Game Used Bat

2) Last item I obtained was his Regular Season and also used in the World Series Fielding Glove.

3) Beleive it or not may sound odd but it was from a member here who won a Strawberry auction lot, a long time ago and I was interested in the lot a year after the auction passed. I called up the auction house to track down the winning bidder and they did, I got a call from the bidder the next day and i explained to him i was interested in a jersey he told me he bid on the lot for other things and wasnt interested in the Jersey, which a huge grin came over my face and told him ill take it, in one smooth transaction we were both happy.

4) is the hardest of all questions it would come down to 3 items
a) my first bat because thats what started me in this hobby
b) the fielding glove due to the rarity and being used in a world series
c) His San Francisco Giants Jersey which was my "Unicorn" item that I thought I would never obtain since there is almost nothing of his around from his time with the Giants especially a Jersey since he only played with them half a season.

Jays1fan
02-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Congrats ! That is really Great.
I could not even imagine completing 1 of my "Blue Jays" goals. Probably cause the Jays are the worst at selling their odd ball items, but you have given me Hope. Something I actually Need these days.

Vintagedeputy
02-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Lets see some pics!

suave1477
02-28-2008, 09:41 AM
HERE IS ONE PICTURE I WAS ABLE TO POST OF THE FIELDING GLOVE

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/32011725/aview/1201148256149_001.JPG (http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReviseListing&itemid=120216799908#)
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/32011725/aview/52975220.jpg

karamaxjoe
02-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Hey Suave,
Don't take my question in the wrong way, but don't you feel a little depressed that the chase is over? I've always found the chase for the item is about as good as having the item.

I also guess you're really not done collecting for Strawberry as that can go on forever.

Mike

suave1477
02-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Karamaxjoe wow funny you say that. After everything is said and done I actually did say that to myself."The chase is done now what do I do?"
Your right the chase is part of the thrill and I am sure I will find odds and ends to add to my collection in years to come but I have aquired everything I sought after.
Unfortunately there is not much left to get that I don't already have.

UNLESS SOMEONES KNOWS OF A DARRYL STRAWBERRY GAME USED JOCK STRAP LOL LOL JUST KIDDING!!!