PDA

View Full Version : Steiner ND jersey help

MichaelofSF
02-28-2008, 05:57 PM
I saw on the Steiner website that they have some GU jerseys from the 2007 season. They have three #3 game used jerseys for sale (2 blue, 1 white). I had a question about the #3 blue home jersey listed for sale from the Navy game (link (http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/control/product/~pcategory=1002/~category=ND_Jerseys%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20/~pid=NOTRJEU07BL03)). Description:

"This is an actual 2007 game used football jersey from The University of Notre Dame versus Navy. The jersey that you will receive will has the number 3 on it."

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light as to who wore that jersey or if it was worn. I know that Demetrius Jones wore #3 in the season opener but he didn't play after that (he might have suited up for a road game thereafter) and then he transfered schools. I tried to call Steiner to ask if they knew and the person that I talked to didn't know who wore it. I have looked at the roster and Demetrius Jones is the only player listed as #3 for the season. Any input from anyone or someone from Steiner would help.
thanks

beavisrules
02-28-2008, 08:45 PM
The #3 was not worn on the field during the Navy game - it may have sat in the equipment room or locker room, but no player had it on their back. You are correct in that Jones was the only player who had #3, and he was gone after the 2nd game of the season. The number was not issued to another player, nor to a walk-on, as the #3 is one of the sacred numbers at ND that requires permission from the coaching staff to wear, and a walk-on would not be permitted to use it. Gary Gray will be taking the number next season, but he did not appear in a game this past season either due to injury. Hope this helps.

Dewey2007
02-28-2008, 09:13 PM
You can always try contacting the Notre Dame equipment manager. I believe he would know better then anyone and they usually have all of the athletic staff's contact info on the school's Athletic website.

I once e-mailed the Cal Bears equipment manager about some Cal jerseys that were on eBay and he got back to me and confirmed they were authentic.

No guarantee they will reply but just another option to try. Good luck!

MichaelofSF
02-29-2008, 02:19 AM
thanks for the input. I guessed that it never saw the field of play either but am not a ND jersey expert so didn't come out and say that in case there was something that I didn't know. You have helped to confirm my suspicion. Still a nice jersey to me but not sure that I want it for $300