Bat Barrel cards, What bats are some of these from?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indyred
    • May 2006

Bat Barrel cards, What bats are some of these from?

I was checking out some of those 1/1 game used bat barrell cards that the card companies are now doing. Not a big fan of game used bat cards, but the barrel label one's like these are really cool from ultra high end products. At least you know they are from said player's lumber. Couple of these I have questions on.
    What bat brand it this Matsui from?

This Ortiz?

This Manny?

This Arod just sold for $1,800. Is this a Louisville Slugger from early days, pre sig on the bat? When did he start getting sig model.

This Mantle LS sold for huge money.

A few other's I have found pics of. Bonds looks like his Sam bat and Ichiro regular MP style bat. I believe they make these in fold out type cards. I've never seen one in person.

• kylehess10
    • Feb 2006

Re: Bat Barrel cards, What bats are some of these from?

The bat brand from Matsui's card is X-Bat I believe
    kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
    http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• chakes89
      • May 2006

David Ortiz looks like a Cooper
      I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• staindsox
        • Jun 2006

I agree with both the Matsui being an Xbat (Model 27?) and the Ortiz looks like Cooper script. The A-Rod looks like a Rawlings to me. Mantle is a Louisville. Bonds looks like a Sam bat. Both Ichiro bats are Mizuno, I think. Those are all my guesses.

Chris
        Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Comment

• BULBUS
          • Nov 2005

The AROD looks like a Rawlings, with RANGERS under his name. Probably a BP bat.
          Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
          sigpic
          donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• suave1477
            Banned
            • Jan 2006

I would definitely say the Matsui is a XBAT
            The AROD does look like a Rawlings
            David Ortiz does look like a cooper

Out of curiousity just from passed discussions has anyone ever seen Matsui use an XBAT or for that fact anything other then a Mizuno?

Comment

• suave1477
              Banned
              • Jan 2006

I looked into Getty pictures and every Matsui picture shows Matsui using a Blonde Mizuno the only time he used a black bat was Mizunos for Batting Practice and to further shows his bat of preference is Mizuno here are pictures from Matsui's museum of Game Used bats as you can see they are all Mizuno

Comment

• chakes89
                • May 2006

Maybe they screwed up and used a Kaz Matsui bat
                I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

Chakes your probably right the only poblem is I bet you any amount of money that the person who won those if they were on ebay or somewhere similar, probably paid high money on getting a preimum game used card think it was Hideki and instead got Kaz.

SEE ITS ALL ABOUT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK EVEN THE CARD COMPANIES GET IT WRONG.

Comment

• bubbrubb25
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by suave1477
                    Chakes your probably right the only poblem is I bet you any amount of money that the person who won those if they were on ebay or somewhere similar, probably paid high money on getting a preimum game used card think it was Hideki and instead got Kaz.

SEE ITS ALL ABOUT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK EVEN THE CARD COMPANIES GET IT WRONG.
                    Did Kaz Matsui used X-Bats? I thought he only used Nike bats? Just from what I observed I only saw Nike bats.
                    http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/

Email: dannysubach@yahoo.com

Comment

• staindsox
                      • Jun 2006

I doubt it was a Kaz bat. I think Xbats sends out lots of freebies to players as samples and the player either gives them away or they are only used in spring training or BP only. For the money, you would think you're getting a "game used" bat, not a BP or S/T bat.

Chris

Comment

• suave1477
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by staindsox
                        I doubt it was a Kaz bat. I think Xbats sends out lots of freebies to players as samples and the player either gives them away or they are only used in spring training or BP only. For the money, you would think you're getting a "game used" bat, not a BP or S/T bat.

Chris
                        Hell Chris your assuming your getting a BP or a St Bat!!!

Remember from all the pics I found all bats Hideki Matsui used was a Blonde Mizuno for regular games and Black for Batting practice.
                        Also asian players normally stick to what the like and very rarily differ. Especially Mizuno being an asian company with an asian player I am sure they run a tight ship to make sure there players only use there bats while under contract.

I am not saying it is not possible that Hideki couldn't have used it but unlikely even to test it out, Which brings up my point who says this bat is used at all?????

Comment

• staindsox
                          • Jun 2006

Yep, I think it is a very safe bet with that company. They send out lots of samples that never see game play. For example, I have 14 different Joe Mauer bats and two of them are Xbats. I'm not sure he has ever even swung an Xbat during the regular season. He has also swung Sambats, Ironwood, Carolina Clubs, D Bats, and possibly BWP...none in the regular season. There is ONE photo of him in Getty swinging a Maxbat in July 2005 and that's it. 99.99% of the time it's a natural Rawlings for him. That doesn't mean he never swung an Xbat. Just because you can't find a photo of it in Getty doesn't mean he didn't swing one in February BP, especially since there's a ton of BP sessions and S/T action that isn't photographed, let alone ending up on Getty. It's certainly 100 times more likely than it being Kaz's bat, which noone can find of photo of either.

Chris

Comment

• staindsox
                            • Jun 2006

And I agree with you...it could be very possible that it was never used in the first place. Players give away a lot of the sample bats.

Comment

• kingjammy24
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by indyred
                              This Arod just sold for $1,800.
                              nice. buy a bat sliver card for $1800 or the whole damn bat for $1300.

art jaffe sold a black 2003 ARod rawlings gamer for $800. someone could've bought the entire bat and still had $1k left over for dinner.

rudy.

Comment

Working...