PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Robinson Cano helmet

reed1216
03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I was looking to possibly bid on this, as it seems like a more than fair starting price of $300. However, in searching Getty images, I couldn't find a shot of him wearing a helmet that lacks the mlb logo on the rear. Did he, or the Yankees, use helmets without the logo?? A 2007 Cano helmet, without a cracked brim, was recently sold on Steiner's website, but I don't remember if it had the mlb logo, or not. All the photos I saw of Cano, from 2007 on Getty, had the logo. Any opinions here?? Here's a link to the Steiner auction....
http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=55076099&aunbr=92400888

suave1477
03-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Redd befor searching for the logo which is nothing wrogn with doing I would search for possible photo matches as it does have some distinctive marks on it.
Just an assumption but maybe the logo fell off maybe it was on secure enough to begin with or maybe he used this for batting practice?????:rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents

yanks12025
03-08-2008, 07:03 PM
I have been waiting for them to drop the price on that helmet so i could bid on it. But now i may not have enough money for it, so i'm selling some things off. It looks like we may have a bidding war for it. Also i have looked for photos and cant find a good close up of the bacl/top of the helmet.

gameused
03-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Heres the link to the Cano helmet that ended earlier, I remember looking for pics of Cano with this helmet and I found some marks that match up on several 2007 game photos.

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=90907208&prmenbr=55076099&aunbr=91253918

reed1216
03-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks for posting the photo of the previous auction. The numbers on the current auction piece appear to be centered where the mlb logo is affixed on the one that previously sold. That would indicate to me that there was never an mlb logo there. Perhaps it was a batting practice helmet, as suave1477 mentioned, but I would think that Steiner would list it as such. I could be wrong on all of this, but I figured it was worth bringing up. By the way, I have purchased from Steiner before and in my opinion, they are a great company. I am curious about this Cano helmet though, as there is some issues with the number placement and the lack of an mlb logo on the rear of it.

Game Used Bats
03-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I actually won the uncracked Cano helmet that Bobby linked. I matched it to the ALDS but noticed in my research that he used at least three different helmets throughout the year(opinion). When I received the helmet I was surprised at the amount of use that was "not" shown in the listing photos. If anyone has photos that they think match the helmet, I would love to see them. I will also try and post some pics for reference.

Thanks,

Anthony

reed1216
03-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Anthony,

I was watching the Cano helmet you bought and it's a great piece. I was a little surprised at the low starting bid, compared to the one with the cracked brim that's for sale now. Congrats on getting a great item for a very good price!!

Game Used Bats
03-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone else have photos that they think would match up? Bobby, I think you said you found a few, do you mind posting?

Thanks,

Anthony

gameused
03-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Anthony,

I did not save any photos that I matched to your Cano helmet. Check out Getty and flickr.com

Thanks,
Bobby

GameBats
03-31-2008, 05:22 PM
I was watching a "Yankees Classics" on TV last night. The game was from 4/19/07 AROD's walk-off three-run homer game. Cano was wearing this exact helmet. No MLB logo on the back and a perfect match.