These Are Awesome...But What Should They Really Be Selling For?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

These Are Awesome...But What Should They Really Be Selling For?

How much would you pay for these; they are truly awesome. I had a pair like these when I was growing up, only they were kids shoes.

Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408
  • kylehess10
    • Feb 2006

Re: These Are Awesome...But What Should They Really Be Selling For?

geez that's one hell of a price....I'd pay no more than $200 for them mainly because they look pretty clean
    kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
    http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• kcrhino
      • Mar 2006

OK, are these Puma's? Or are they Reebok?

Comment

• zonker
        • Sep 2006

they are reebok cleat's from 1996. getty has a pic of them in a game against the a's, atleast there the same style.

Comment

• frikativ54
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by kcrhino
          OK, are these Puma's? Or are they Reebok?
          They are definitely Reebok. If I remember correctly, Puma didn't even exist in '96. I do know that I wore this style of Frank Thomas shoes (mine were probably cross-trainers) every day to school back in the mid-1990s. Still love 'em. I switched to Nike shoes in about sixth grade, and that's what I've worn ever since. I'd really like a pair of these, but no way
          Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

(continued from above)...I would pay $1850 for them.
            Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• ironmanfan
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by frikativ54
              They are definitely Reebok. If I remember correctly, Puma didn't even exist in 1996
              I wore Puma sneakers as far back as 1973; did you ever hear of Walt Frazier? (they had a line of sneakers called "Clydes"). Joe Namath wore Puma cleats back then as well.....

Comment

• otismalibu
                • Nov 2005

I wore Puma sneakers as far back as 1973; did you ever hear of Walt Frazier? (they had a line of sneakers called "Clydes"). Joe Namath wore Puma cleats back then as well.....
                The Dassler brothers. Adi Dassler and Rudy Dassler. When they split, Adolph's company became Adidas and Rudolph's was Ruda before becoming Puma.
                Greg
                DrJStuff.com

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by frikativ54
                  They are definitely Reebok. If I remember correctly, Puma didn't even exist in '96. I do know that I wore this style of Frank Thomas shoes (mine were probably cross-trainers) every day to school back in the mid-1990s. Still love 'em. I switched to Nike shoes in about sixth grade, and that's what I've worn ever since. I'd really like a pair of these, but no way
                  Puma started there company in 1920 in Germany and established itself in the U.S. in 1950 - Just a tad bit before 1996

I also had tons of pairs of Pumas back in the 80's as that was the cool sneakers to wear in school and Addidas and British KNights, Travel Fox, Avia Spiders, Fila, man those were the days.
                  I remember when Reebok came out with the first pair of pumps the first sneaker to go over a $100 and Nike tried to come back with a compeittive sneaker Nike Pumps (David Robinsons) although Nike's sneaker was funky looking and didnt take off partially because you had to carry an air pump with you to stick in back of the sneaker and it look liked a female hygene product lol lol

Comment

• suave1477
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2006

Just some more info I cam across

1968 PUMA is the first sports shoe manufacture to offer Velcro fasteners. 1969 Quarterback Joe Namath, wearing PUMA shoes, leads the New York Jets to victory in SuperBowl III.

Comment

• flaco1801
                      • Nov 2005

i still have my puma "clydes" i think they were 50 bucks a lot of money back then

Comment

Working...