PDA

View Full Version : Ironclad Authentics to Market '08 Washington Nationals Game Used Memorabilia

ironmanfan
03-10-2008, 06:48 AM
I know I mentioned this in the thread about this past weekend's show at Baltimore's BWI Hilton, but it was announced late last week that Ironclad Authentics will market all of the Washington National's 2008 Game Used memorabilia (bases, line ups cards, jerseys, bats, hats, etc.) via their newly formed on-line auction platform (proceeds going toward Nationals charities). I would look for the details in the coming days....

chakes89
03-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Will LRM still get first crack at Zimmerman stuff?

Or will this new deal get priority?

This sounds like it is going to get interesting

frikativ54
03-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Wow! I just looked at their website, and they have Joe Mauer g/u auto'd cleats at $2,000. And they are sold out. I wonder what they will charge for Nationals' stuff.

Someone please explain for me why Joe Mauer lightly used cleats would go for $2000, when I can get Jeff Bagwell's beaten-up cleats for just over a third the price? :confused:

ironmanfan
03-10-2008, 09:04 PM
If you actually read the initial post, all items are being marketed via an auction platform, not a "straight sale." Obviously the market will ultimately decide what the value of the items are.

frikativ54
03-10-2008, 10:29 PM
If you actually read the initial post, all items are being marketed via an auction platform, not a "straight sale." Obviously the market will ultimately decide what the value of the items are.

But if they have auctions and they start a guy's g/u cleats at $2,000, then there is going to be serious problem. I mean, I don't see very many players in the Big Leagues, granted not on the Nats, whose spikes would command 2 grand.

indyred
03-11-2008, 12:37 AM
Will LRM still get first crack at Zimmerman stuff?

Or will this new deal get priority?

This sounds like it is going to get interesting

I'm sure LRM will get first crack at most of his stuff. Not sure how it all works, but I know it's been mentioned before Arod and some other player's just buy the equipment direct so they own it and not the team. Why you see his own company selling his game used bats and not Steiner. Isn't David Wright kinda the same as Arod, where Mets have a deal in place with Steiner, yet LRM still gets quite a bit or Wright stuff. I like seeing a new player hook up with a team. Auction format will be interesting, just in seeing what kind of opening bids they have. I hope they are low and let the market decide the prices. I bet they collect everything from the first game in the new stadium and sell that off right away.

indyred
11-08-2008, 09:27 PM
So did they auction much Nationals stuff off this year? Looks like they are dealing with Orioles and Redskins now as well. They have up for auction Jason Campbell game used jersey from this past Monday night game and Orioles stuff from last game at Yankee Stadium.

allstarsplus
11-08-2008, 09:32 PM
They only had a few jerseys which were from the Nationals Dream Foundation. They had no Zimmerman game used items.

This may have been a short-lived arrangement as the Nationals Dream Foundation is working on their own auction format through their website.