PDA

View Full Version : 1959 LA Dodgers World Series Bat

GoTigers
03-20-2008, 09:23 PM
I just bought this, and know little about these types of bats... Who were they issued too? Just Players? Also, does anyone know what this bat should go for? I think I got a steal, and just wanted to make sure... I usually stick to game used stuff, and just couldnt pass this up. It's got facsimile autos from Sandy Koufax, Pee Wee Reese, and others. Thanks for the help.

karamaxjoe
03-20-2008, 09:40 PM
One on ebay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/1959-Dodgers-World-Series-Louisville-Slugger-Bat_W0QQitemZ120202284202QQcmdZViewItem

suave1477
03-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I am nto sure of the value for this exact particular bat but I do have an interest in these types of bats and some are rarer then others or more significant. Example 1961 World Series bat due to the mega year the Yankees had.

These bats depending on everything I mentioned I have seen them range from $150 ro $1,500

These bats were normally given out to players, coaches, management, staff and possibly a few extras given out to friends and family of the people mentioned previously.

The cool thing about them is even though there were many made, they are still a limited amount and a great commerotaive pice of a team winning the World Series.

Someone else can chime in on this but I believe also somehwhere around 2000 to 2003 they stopped making these.

GoTigers
03-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Guys, Thanks for the info. I'm very surprised at the price on ebay.. I think I may have to put this guy up for sale to free up some money for GU stuff. Thanks again for the help!

Marichal27
03-24-2008, 10:07 PM
The block lettered names, from what I was told, is that the player did not have a bat deal with H&B. I was also told that they stopped making these sometime ago as well.