PDA

View Full Version : 1960's semi-pro football

Dewey2007
03-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Kind of a stretch but is anyone familiar with semi-pro football leagues from the 1960's? In particular the Pro Football League of America (PFLA) that was in existence from 1965-67.

I am trying to find info on a team called the Des Moines Warriors. The only thing I could find so far was a Wikipedia reference to the Quad City Raiders from this particular league. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quad_Cities_Raiders

Any help or referral would be appreciated. Thanks!

WILBUR
04-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Your Long Shot Just Paid Off. I Played For The D.m. Warriors In The Fall Of 1966. They Were A Farm Team Of The Minnesota Vikings And The Following Year I Was Invited To Try Out For The Vikings Along With Four Other Players From That 66 Team.

packerfan
04-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Did any of you make the team that year?

Dewey2007
04-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Wilbur,
Wow! I wish my longshots at the track came through like this one!

Do you remember a running back by the name of Bobby Miranda from that D.M. Warriors team? He went to my high school long before I did but I am looking for any photos with him in them for a hometown athlete project I'm doing. Would you have any you might be willing to make copies of for me? I'd be willing to pay you for your troubles. Please let me know.

By the way, did all NFL teams back then have farm teams like this?

Thanks,
Dewey

ekobak
01-29-2015, 02:35 PM
Hi, I am always looking to purchase semipro football memorabilia from 1980 and before. Game programs, orig team/player photos, schedules, league media guides etc.

The leagues I love are the PFLA, NAFL, Continental, UFL, ACFL, CSFL, NSFL, Seaboard, Eastern, Empire, California and others.

Someone here long ago mentioned the PFLA. I have a media guide from this league.

I just love semipro football.

Also semipro/minor league basketball from old Eastern Basketball League (no CBA) and others.

Thanks

ekobak@yahoo.com

ed

ekobak
01-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Wibur, do you have any game programs? thanks.

ed

ekobak@yahoo.com