PDA

View Full Version : Removing autograph from game used bat

Dewey2007
03-23-2008, 11:06 AM
I have a bat that I picked up that has a very bad, smeared autograph on it that I'd like to remove if possible. It's a black bat so it looks like a gold paint pen was used to sign it.

Has anyone tried this before themselves? Anyone suggestions on how to remove the auto w/o damaging the bat would be much appreciated.

I searched old threads but only found stuff about cracked bat repairs. Thanks!

camarokids
03-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Virgin olive oil will remove gold and silver ink and a soft cloth . You may need to use a no. 2 pencil eraser with the oil . I have had a lot of success using this .....

shoremen44
03-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Adding to this.... Does anything work well on black Sharpie?

I have an awesome GU bat that someone wrote on with a sharpie and it was crossed off... it would be nice to remove without destroying the bat.

frikativ54
03-23-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't know personally, but from talking to eGameUsed, it seems like he knows how to do this. You might want to email him.

sarahsdad
03-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I have had good results with "Goof Off" which you can buy at most hardware stores, Wal mart, etc.
Sarahsdad

Jags Fan Dan
03-23-2008, 01:32 PM
I recently bought two bats that were cracked and had been "repaired" by somebody with ugly white tape wrapped around the upper handle/lower barrel. I knew when I bought the bats that the tape was coming off so I could do a better looking repair. The gunk that the tape left behind seemed like a pretty formidable opponent, but I used my wife's hairspray (White Rain, extra hold for those keeping score at home) and a rough dish sponge and it all came off very well.

Dewey2007
03-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Adding to this.... Does anything work well on black Sharpie?

I have an awesome GU bat that someone wrote on with a sharpie and it was crossed off... it would be nice to remove without destroying the bat.

Does anyone have any proven methods about removing black sharpie marks from a game used bat? I tried e-mailing eGameUsed regarding the knowledge he might have about this issue but haven't gotten a response yet.

BTW, the virgin olive oil and soft cloth worked well on removing the gold paint pen markings from my black bat. David thanks for the tip!!