Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dewey2007
    • Dec 2007

Removing autograph from game used bat

I have a bat that I picked up that has a very bad, smeared autograph on it that I'd like to remove if possible. It's a black bat so it looks like a gold paint pen was used to sign it.

Has anyone tried this before themselves? Anyone suggestions on how to remove the auto w/o damaging the bat would be much appreciated.

I searched old threads but only found stuff about cracked bat repairs. Thanks!
    sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com
  • camarokids
    • Jun 2006

Re: Removing autograph from game used bat

Virgin olive oil will remove gold and silver ink and a soft cloth . You may need to use a no. 2 pencil eraser with the oil . I have had a lot of success using this .....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• shoremen44
      • Jul 2007

Adding to this.... Does anything work well on black Sharpie?

I have an awesome GU bat that someone wrote on with a sharpie and it was crossed off... it would be nice to remove without destroying the bat.
      Bert
      ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

I don't know personally, but from talking to eGameUsed, it seems like he knows how to do this. You might want to email him.
        Les Zukor
        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• sarahsdad
          Banned
          • Aug 2006

I have had good results with "Goof Off" which you can buy at most hardware stores, Wal mart, etc.
          Sarahsdad

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
            • Apr 2007

I recently bought two bats that were cracked and had been "repaired" by somebody with ugly white tape wrapped around the upper handle/lower barrel. I knew when I bought the bats that the tape was coming off so I could do a better looking repair. The gunk that the tape left behind seemed like a pretty formidable opponent, but I used my wife's hairspray (White Rain, extra hold for those keeping score at home) and a rough dish sponge and it all came off very well.

Comment

• Dewey2007
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by shoremen44
              Adding to this.... Does anything work well on black Sharpie?

I have an awesome GU bat that someone wrote on with a sharpie and it was crossed off... it would be nice to remove without destroying the bat.
              Does anyone have any proven methods about removing black sharpie marks from a game used bat? I tried e-mailing eGameUsed regarding the knowledge he might have about this issue but haven't gotten a response yet.

BTW, the virgin olive oil and soft cloth worked well on removing the gold paint pen markings from my black bat. David thanks for the tip!!
              sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

Working...