PDA

View Full Version : Canseco's still trying to bring Arod down

3arod13
03-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Canseco claims he introduced A-Rod to steroids supplier

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_rumors__17/ept_sports_rumors-590220513-1190571617.jpg?ymiJEL.Cb0tqiM6Q

A freelance writer named Joe Lavin claims to have discovered an advance copy of the Jose Canseco book ""Vindicated: Big Names, Big Liars, and The Battle to Save Baseball" at a Cambridge, Ma. bookstore. On his website, Lavin claims Conseco wrote he "introduced Alex (Rodriguez) to a known supplier of steroids.''

Canseco had hinted, since last summer he would go after Rodriguez in his next book. Conseco, however, never directly accused A-Rod of using illegal performance-enhancing drugs according to the Lavin blog item. Newsday and sports news Web site "Deadspin" have picked up on the information on the Lavin website.

Lavin, who posted his findings on his blog, joelavin.com, also reported that Canseco accused A-Rod of pursuing Canseco's wife, the reason for Canseco's clear animosity toward the Yankees' third baseman. Lavin reported, and closed a passage with this: "So A-Rod, if you're reading this book, and if I'm not getting through to you, let's get clear on one thing: I hate your --- guts."

Source: joelavin.com (http://www.joelavin.com/)http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/nt/ic/ut/bsc/newwin12_1.gif (http://www.joelavin.com/)

David
03-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Canseco has said many correct things, but I think his journalistic reputation has been strongly tainted by the Clemens party fiasco and the story that Canseco asked for money to keep a players name out of a book. The latter is just a story at this point, but the former appears to be fact. There's a lot of evidence and little doubt that Clemens was there, including Clemens admitting he may have been there. For reason or motivation one can theorize, Canseco wrote Clemens an affidavit saying Clemens wasn't there.

cjclong
03-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Canseco went on a talk show and said he the time wasn't "right" to offer proof of his steroid accusation against ARod. Maybe the time will be "right" if he tries to sell a 3rd book. Interesting he didn't put his in his first book. Canseco is one of those people you need to additional proof of what he says before you can believe him. ARod is right to ignore him. Getting in an argument with him is like mud wrestling with a swine. You both get filthy, but the swine loves it.

3arod13
03-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Canseco went on a talk show and said he the time wasn't "right" to offer proof of his steroid accusation against ARod. Maybe the time will be "right" if he tries to sell a 3rd book. Interesting he didn't put his in his first book. Canseco is one of those people you need to additional proof of what he says before you can believe him. ARod is right to ignore him. Getting in an argument with him is like mud wrestling with a swine. You both get filthy, but the swine loves it.

Canseco had some creditibility in the beginning. However, now he's lost a lot of it.

10thMan
03-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Honestly, Would it surprise you if A-rods dirty? Wouldn`t bother or surprise me.
Sean

3arod13
03-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Honestly, Would it surprise you if A-rods dirty? Wouldn`t bother or surprise me.
Sean

Well, that's just because many hate Arod simply because he's a GREAT player and he's making the money he does.

However, do I think it's possible? Sure! Just like I believe there were many others players also.

suave1477
03-27-2008, 03:34 PM
As much as I would like to believe AROD is clean if for some reason down the line he came up dirty I wouldn't be surprised

cjclong
03-27-2008, 03:48 PM
There have been enough players who have been shown to have used steroids I guess none of us would be totally shocked now about almost any player. Still, with ARod or anyone else, I think we should give them all a presumption of innocence unless its conclusively proved they were users rather than presuming all of them guilty.

3arod13
03-27-2008, 03:52 PM
There have been enough players who have been shown to have used steroids I guess none of us would be totally shocked now about almost any player. Still, with ARod or anyone else, I think we should give them all a presumption of innocence unless its conclusively proved they were users rather than presuming all of them guilty.

Agree. The only unfair part of all of this is, some have been named and will pay the price (reputation). Others will go undetected.

I look foward to the day when this is over. Doubt it will be any time soon.

Swoboda4
03-27-2008, 04:24 PM
If Canseco was allowed to reach 500 hrs you wouldn't have heard any of this. As far as the sanctity of records go,from the turn of the century untill Jackie Robinson most minorities weren't allowed to play. Then uppers were used while other players chose not to use them. Spit balls were allowed, then no spit balls. Then this crap with juice and all its variations. Has there been a level playing field for any 20 year period in baseball ?

yanks12025
03-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Canseco only says he showed A-rod to a steriod dealer, but that does not mean a-rod bought steriods from this dealer. I believe a-rod is clean 100% and he will go down as the greatest player ever.

3arod13
03-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Canseco only says he showed A-rod to a steriod dealer, but that does not mean a-rod bought steriods from this dealer. I believe a-rod is clean 100% and he will go down as the greatest player ever.

Now that's a true, diehard yankee fan talking! I agree!

Nathan
03-27-2008, 11:01 PM
I knew a couple of steroid dealers....they were trainers and powerlifters by day, steroid dealers by night. Now, if I introduce someone to one of them, am I introducing them to a trainer or a steroid dealer?

Of course, they'd have to be introduced through a prison visitation now.

David
03-28-2008, 06:10 PM
If a sport is rife with PED use, it is a fair guess that the athlete who beats them all is also using. It is not proof, but evidence.

Whether it is bicycling, baseball or track, it is naive to automatically assume the best athlete is not using. It is naive to think that a non-user will beat users, unless the non-user is Superman.

When the President of the Tour de France was asked what place the first athlete not using PEDs would finish, he said "Probably about fiftieth."

As I said, superior performance in a drug riddled sport isn't proof of drug use, but it is a good sign.