PDA

View Full Version : MLB serial #'s not on database... + no more LOA's

jake33
03-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I spoke to someone from MLB.com to question why a serial number was NOT in their database (game used D-rays vs marlins base from 7-4-04), I refered to the LISTING number on mlb.com and gave them the serial number, they were NO HELP at all, they gave this message

"
The MT hologram is from Deloitte & Touche. From May 2002 through January 2006, the firm of Deloitte & Touche was the exclusive third-party Authenticator for all items under the MLB Authentication Program. As Authenticator, Deloitte was solely responsible for all authentication and data entry of the hologram numbers placed on autographed items and game-used memorabilia. Unfortunately, MLB has no direct access to this data." --MLB.com

Also, I spoke to someone from the tampa bay rays and they said MLB has recently said in a league meeting that MLB told team to no longer give team letters with game used items. MLB wants mlb.com serial number system to be the iron fist in the hobby and have everything go through them. The rays said for sure they won't give out team LOA's any more, so I am getting Signed team receipts for some documentation, even if it is signed by a secretary.

All and all...

You better hope that when you get a game used item from mlb.com that it is put in the database correctly, becase once you get it, if it isn't then forever will it NOT be in the database.

PudgePollyMillerFan
03-25-2008, 08:58 PM
I know the feeling.....I have a Polanco Helmet that I purchased in September 07 that they still haven't entered yet......I have written them as well and no replies back from them other than at one time they were "working on updating the system".....I wish I knew how far behind they were in entering items and if mine will ever get entered?!