PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Park 1st Historic Weekend

allstarsplus
03-28-2008, 10:28 PM
I just got back from a private event for the 1st practice in the new stadium. When they rolled out the batting cage, I decided to go where no man has gone before and go to leftfield to catch the 1st BP HR ball. It wasn't tough as nobody followed. I snagged the 1st 4 HRs before others followed.

Go Nationals 2008!!! Andrew

Vintagedeputy
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Awesome!

allstarsplus
03-29-2008, 07:16 AM
I found this pic from the stadium webcam. I am the only guy out there!!!

indyred
03-29-2008, 08:13 PM
I hope it's not like Great American Ballpark or Citizens Bank. I have heard it's supposed to be another hitter's park. I guess time will tell. That is cool that you got into preview it. Should be fun watching the opener tomorrow night. I wonder with the Nats selling game used themselves if they have special opening day jerseys that will get put up for auction.

kylehess10
03-29-2008, 08:28 PM
I just got back from a private event for the 1st practice in the new stadium. When they rolled out the batting cage, I decided to go where no man has gone before and go to leftfield to catch the 1st BP HR ball. It wasn't tough as nobody followed. I snagged the 1st 4 HRs before others followed.

Actuallyyyyyy the first BP homerun ball hit in the new stadium was hit last year, remember? What you have is the first BP homerun ball from the COMPLETED stadium :D

allstarsplus
03-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Actuallyyyyyy the first BP homerun ball hit in the new stadium was hit last year, remember? What you have is the first BP homerun ball from the COMPLETED stadium :D

Good point, lol. I remember that BP they did in the dirt but since there weren't fences then are they official? lol

Kyle - We play the Braves tomorrow and I know of 3 Braves fans coming out for the game. Should be fun.

I hope it's not like Great American Ballpark or Citizens Bank. I have heard it's supposed to be another hitter's park. I guess time will tell. That is cool that you got into preview it. Should be fun watching the opener tomorrow night.
Just got back from the exhibition game there with the Orioles and the ballpark was a pitcher's park tonight. Nothing was even close to leaving the park.

The place is beautiful as it is a mix of so many parks with a modern twist that fits well in DC architecture.

I hope to meet up with many Forum members at Nationals Park this season!

Andrew

chakes89
03-30-2008, 09:48 PM
ZIMMERMAN WALK OFF HOMERUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to see how much his stuff from this game sells for

2k for the batting gloves???? LOL

Vintagedeputy
03-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Ohhhhhh Baby!!!!!!!!!!

Go Ryan !!!!!!!!

dcrules01
03-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I am sure Andrew will own these items unless the hall of fame gets them 1st..:D

chakes89
03-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I wonder how much my uncracked gamer from last year is worth now :D

scottanservitz
03-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Oh yea baby, I have Zim on my fantasy league team!!!!

Scott

Vintagedeputy
03-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I wonder how much my uncracked gamer from last year is worth now :D

thinking the same thing here

dcrules01
03-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Locker room memorabilia has game used bats for Zimmerman autographed for $450..

allstarsplus
03-31-2008, 01:26 PM
I stayed until the end and witnessed a great piece of history. After I download my pics, I will post the shot of Zim that I took right as he was going into his swing + I have some great pics when he came out 25 minutes after the game was over for interviews wearing a sweatshirt, shorts and shower shoes.

The Washington Post had a great interview with Jason Halliburton who Posts on here occassionally.

I will be getting a game used ball and base from the game and hopefully more!

Anyone else make it out there?

Andrew

indyred
03-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Any news on who the guy was that caught the walk off home run ball or what he is going to do with it? I hope MLB authenticated it.

allstarsplus
03-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Any news on who the guy was that caught the walk off home run ball or what he is going to do with it? I hope MLB authenticated it.

He gave it to Ryan and Ryan is giving it to his mother! They have quite a collection of significant baseballs!

Andrew

allstarsplus
04-01-2008, 05:30 AM
Here are 2 of the pictures I took of the historic night including Zim's postgame interview and the HR swing:

KyleHess may want to buy those game used shower shoes!!!! I just had to throw that picture in!!!

allstarsplus
04-01-2008, 05:40 AM

Kyle - I have that ball too!!!

Andrew

kylehess10
04-01-2008, 12:22 PM
KyleHess may want to buy those game used shower shoes!!!! I just had to throw that picture in!!!

I sure do! Shower sandles worn right after a walk-off homer on Opening Day.......it would be the highlight of my collection :D

allstarsplus
04-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I sure do! Shower sandles worn right after a walk-off homer on Opening Day.......it would be the highlight of my collection :D

If they have the Opening Day logo on them, I am going to buy them!!! I knew you could appreciate a picture of the star wearing his shower shoes. Standing in 38 degree weather like it is 95 degrees!

Enjoy! Andrew