PDA

View Full Version : game used uniforms?

momen55
03-29-2008, 10:35 AM
has anyone here delt with game used uniforms out of north carolina? i haven't but am interested in an item they have. they seem to be a bit over priced on some items.

camarokids
03-29-2008, 11:55 AM
www.GameWornUniforms.Com owned by Wayne Otto .

gingi79
03-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I too am interested in a shirt from these guys, anyone know anything about their reputation? The jersey I am looking at is from one of my favorite players rookie year. He played 10 games, there are 4 shirts available. He isn't that popular now and there was no big buzz about him then, anyone wish to chime in on why he wore (at least) two home jerseys in 4 games (including his first career hr)and (at least) 2 road jerseys in 6 road games? I asked them, awaiting reply.

I don't doubt this seller but I would like some feedback from the forum before dropping the clams on a seller I've never dealt with before

Ozric
03-29-2008, 01:22 PM
They have been around for quite a while. From what I understand, they had deals with quite a few teams years ago to purchase their game used inventory. I have never purchased anything from them as there items are overpriced in my opinion and they do not budge on their pricing. They had a bat that I wanted at the nationals in Cleveland. I asked if they could budge on the price at all and they simply said "No, I could get that out of it on Ebay". I e-mailed them about a jersey a few weeks back and asked them for more pics and a description of the use (light - medium - heavy). They e-mailed me back about a week later simply stating that "it shows use" and nothing else. So, I believe that there stuff is probably legit, but their customer service leaves something to be desired and you may end up with a jersey that has a stiff wash tag wondering if it was really ever used...

33bird
03-29-2008, 01:28 PM
The stuff I have gotten from them has all been good, so far. They are pricey, so always make them offer. He'll dicker with ya a little bit.
Greg

ahuff
03-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I've dealt with him several times. It is true that they are very expensive. If you purchase, from them, you certainly aren't doing so to make a buck on the item later. The best bet is to wait, because they will typically offer your item on ebay. However, it will take years. I've been a bit more cautious with dealing on some of their newer pieces, the past few years. I have seen minor league jerseys listed with incorrect affiliations. That would be a big deal to a minor league collector. I also found some inaccuracies with their Team USA stuff. The Team USA stuff could just be that I haven't found enough photos, but from what I've seen, I'd suggest doing your homework if you are looking at the USA stuff. Of course, you should do that on anything, anyway.

Texans
03-29-2008, 02:36 PM
They have for sale a Glenn Robinson used jersey but the only probably is he did not play for them that season. I think he was traded to and never suited up for them. Do your homework

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Philadelphia-76ers-GLENN-ROBINSON-Game-Worn-Jersey_W0QQitemZ370035860194QQihZ024QQcategoryZ501 35QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dewey2007
03-29-2008, 02:57 PM
I bought one football jersey from them and the transaction went very smooth. Nice jersey and fast shipping. Maybe a little pricey but it was something I wanted at the time. Inquired about another item I was interested in later on by e-mail and then by phone and still haven't gotten pics sent to me or any type of follow-up and it's been about a month and a half. Very strange to say the least. :confused:

Like everyone says on here just do your homework. Also, sometimes you have to be patient with some of these game used dealers but if they don't want my money I'll find somewhere else to spend it.

dcgreg25
03-29-2008, 04:21 PM
I would also caution you to do your homework. Their stuff is legit but sometimes mismarked. For example, they have several items listed as "MLB Player Caps" including several Cleveland Indians hats. The hats appear to be BP or Spring Training but are not marked clearly. Below is a Manny Ramirez hat that is available for $600.

http://www.gamewornuniforms.com/xcart/image.php?productid=16591

ahuff
03-31-2008, 09:22 PM
dcgreg,

It is funny you show the Indians hat. That is one of the items I waited for to be listed on ebay. I can't remember what the asking price was on their site. I think it might have been perhaps $125 for a Sierra Indians hat. I wound up getting it for around 15-25.

tom1315
04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I purchased a game used 2001 Duke Blue Devils game used football helmet. I found them good to do business with. They carry a wide diversity of items. Nice web site too.

Tom