Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JasonM33
    • Oct 2006

Magic Johnson game used stuff?

Does anyone here collect Magic Johnson? He's my favorite basketball player but I don't have anything game used by him yet. I'd love to see anything that the members here would be willing to share. Thanks

-Jason M
  • 33bird
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Magic Johnson game used stuff?

Just barely picked up these game used Magic Johnson game used 1990-91 Converse shoes from his last season. Size 14. Both autographed. Legit Magic stuff is hard to find and usually expensive.
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com
    Attached Files

Comment

• lund6771
      • Dec 2006

I've been looking for a real Magic jersey for a while, and haven't found one that I'm convinced is real

Comment

• JasonM33
        • Oct 2006

Thanks for the replys guys.

Those shoes are sweet. I had a pair of those back in the day. Not gamers of course. I played many a pick-up game in them though. lol

-Jason M

Comment

• sportsbaron
          • Apr 2006

I went through a period in the late '90's where I tried really hard to obtain a Johnson gamer. The problem was that the hobby was flooded with $3,000 great looking replicas that came with LOA that I finally gave up and purchased a great looking autographed Upper Deck authenticated framed jersey for $300 and decided that I can live with that.

Visit my site Spartantiques!

Comment

• lund6771
            • Dec 2006

the only way that I would buy a lakers jersey, is if I knew the person selling it had it their collection before 1990...in the early to mid 90's there were a ton of fake tiernans that hit he market...and it wasn't just Magic, it was everyone..Chamberlains, Wests, Baylors, Kareems, etc...

I would be EXTREMELY cautious about buying any Lakers Tiernan jersey

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by lund6771
              the only way that I would buy a lakers jersey, is if I knew the person selling it had it their collection before 1990...in the early to mid 90's there were a ton of fake tiernans that hit he market...and it wasn't just Magic, it was everyone..Chamberlains, Wests, Baylors, Kareems, etc...

I would be EXTREMELY cautious about buying any Lakers Tiernan jersey
              In the early 90s, I remember reading in SCD about a "Laker Find" from Tiernan. All the great Laker names that you mentioned, "discovered" in a warehouse...in maybe, Glendale? There was a flood of Laker jerseys that hit the market then...now that I remember, were these fakes? I remember a full page ad.

Comment

• lund6771
                • Dec 2006

BTPH...not familiar who the "Tiernan Find" strory in SCD...I'm pretty sure that there is no connection

Comment

• Texans
                  • Nov 2005

Maybe you should ask Dan any question you have on Johnson stuff. He has great knowledge on Lakers items

Jojo

Comment

• JasonM33
                    • Oct 2006

I wonder what ever became of the jersey Magic wore in game six of the 79-80 NBA finals. That would be the holy grail of Magic Johnson items to me.

-Jason M

Comment

• urzaworld
                      Banned
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by JasonM33
                      I wonder what ever became of the jersey Magic wore in game six of the 79-80 NBA finals. That would be the holy grail of Magic Johnson items to me.

-Jason M
                      That particularly ultra historic piece from Magic rook game 6 vs sixers(5/17/1980) has been hiding in plain view. This jersey has got to be THEE most historical/valuable piece in NBA collecting. I hear the shirt is in great hands and is part of a great NBA collection .,, the owner has very many rare pieces that definitely the Naismith HOF would be salivating over. This piece is not fokelore but does indeed exist. Not many shirts or items have reached the 1 million dollar mark as yet. This valuable historical shirt, I believe , could possibly hit that mark or come pretty darn close if it ever hits the open market.
                      Harvey

Comment

• urzaworld
                        Banned
                        • May 2014

Originally posted by JasonM33

-Jason M
                        INDEED,,it is the HOLIEST of grails for NBA collectors.. I think waaaay bigger than the ABA champ ring of Dr.J. But I'm also very partial to NBA80s...the greatest era of basketball ever known to man,,,which will never be repeated.

Comment

• urzaworld
                          Banned
                          • May 2014

Originally posted by urzaworld
                          INDEED,,it is the HOLIEST of grails for NBA collectors.. I think waaaay bigger than the ABA champ ring of Dr.J. But I'm also very partial to NBA80s...the greatest era of basketball ever known to man,,,which will never be repeated.
                          true history
                          Attached Files

Comment

• xsentrixsupra
                            • Feb 2014

Love Magic! As the forum members who I have spoken with outside of the forums know, he is the 1 I'm looking to add to my collection. Didn't get to snag the last one at the SCP Auction since it went for I think like 22k? Haha, a bit out of my price range! A game jersey of his will be my next big addition.

Comment

• sforaker
                              • Sep 2005

Magic photomatched jersey from scp auctions.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...