PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry signature differs?

Swoboda4
02-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Past discussions focused on Darryl Strawberry's particular distinctive signature. Member, suave1477, just highlighted an auction for Strawberry's 1986 WS trophy(not a bad item to own by the way). But surprisingly enough the LOA from Strawberry, on Mets letterhead, shows a carefully done signature quite unlike what were used to seeing from Strawberry. After throwing doubt on items with this type of signature is it possible that although rare,Stawberry signs this way for the hobby? Did someone else sign the LOA?
http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/site/images_items/Item_2080_2.jpg

BULBUS
02-22-2006, 11:22 AM
like many players, darryls signature changed over the years. that signature matches his signature in the mid 80's. he changed his signature so he can sign more things faster. at least he didnt go to signing just his last name like many players do. ie lawrence taylor and michael strahan (he did this for his latest steiner signing).

suave1477
02-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Swoboda I actually have to correct you. Like I said if anyone knows his signature it would be me and as you may not be able to see the difference I can. The signature on the LOA is real, the one on the Sports Illustrated cover is different / fake - Both signatures are different / they are not the same

Swoboda4
02-22-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm just so used to seeing Strawberry sign: "DylStbry" fast,in script, that I didn't realize this signature comes to us over time,as a result of signing so much. Thanks

suave1477
02-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Swoboda, as I mentioned before your saying this signature is so different from his signature now. If you follow the technique you will see it is really not all that different BUT!!! it is a lot different then the one on the Sports Illustrated cover. Strawberry has currently 2 ways od doing his signature, when he is in a rush and when he is taking his time. The one that you see one the LOA you will find him doing now when he is taking his time. The one you mentioned is when he is in a rush.