PDA

View Full Version : Things You Bought And Now Regret

HENMICK44
03-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Anyone By An Item And Now You Regret It And Wonder Why The Hell Did I Buy That?????????????????????????

ahuff
03-30-2008, 06:27 AM
I've done that more than I care to think about. When that happens, I tend to just sell the stuff whether I get my cash back or not.

Neely8
03-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Fortunately this doesn't happen to me a whole lot since I tend to put quite a bit of thought into what I buy.

commando
03-30-2008, 01:09 PM
This is a classic symptom of someone who doesn't have a clear direction of what to collect. Just like collecting cards, stamps, or any other kind of memorabilia, you can't collect it all and will have a hodge-podge of unrelated stuff.

I can appreciate a beautiful 1972 Expos jersey for $800 as well as a 2005 NBA practice jersey for $30. But I won't buy either one. I stay focused on what I have decided to collect, and I'm never disappointed when I fill a hole in that collection.

Now if I buy an item that I know I can resell or trade for a profit, then it's a different story. In that case, I'm not buying a random item for my collection, but obtaining something that will eventually help me get something I DO collect.