PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Brewers

mattmueller
03-30-2008, 04:23 PM
I have a question regarding this Sheets 2005 jersey on ebay. I have contacted the seller and he has indicated there tagging on the jersey at all except the neck tag, not even majestic tag on the front of the jersey. Does that make sense at all that there would be the tagging in the neck, but no majestic tagging? Also MLB hologram number is not in the database, which doesn't help at all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170205007598&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

platinum1
03-30-2008, 05:45 PM
It looks good. The tag is right. Ask the guy for the wash tag number.I have purchased a couple of Brewers jerseys and for some reason the MLB hologram # is not in the system. Maybe some guys that just got back from the Brewers Fest can say the same.

mattmueller
03-30-2008, 06:04 PM
2005 jerseys really have no majestic tagging on them? I know the 2006s have the majestic tagging.

SkubeBats
03-30-2008, 06:19 PM
I was at Brewers fanfest and I bought a 2007 game used jersey of Geoff Jenkins. This jersey had an MLB hologram on it, and yes it's in their data base. So I had no problem with this jersey.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

mattmueller
03-30-2008, 08:15 PM
My question is more if anybody knows a reason that 2005 jerseys would not have the majestic tags on the front, especially one with what appears to be proper tagging in the neck.

mattmueller
04-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Not to bump my own thread, but bump. I have received additional photos from the seller of the jersey, there are no tags anywhere on the jersey except for what appears to be a legit neck tag.

Anybody have a guess as to how this would happen?

tilley72
04-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Matt,

As for the Sheets on eBay here is what I can tell you as I have handled quite a few Brewers jereys. The Sheets should have a neck tag, which has the year, player name, jersey size, and the Brewers inventory number, which it does. However, the question remains why would this jersey no have any other tagging and for that I cannot come with any explanation. I know that the Brewers had a number of Sheets jerseys in their Pro Shop at Miller Park and all of them had manufacturer's tag, including the one that was a BP jersey, but I didn't bother to look at 0062 tag since they were in the display case and I didn't care to put $1,000.00 into a Sheets jersey. So that in my opinion eliminates the possibility that it could have been something that Sheets did on just his jerseys.

As for other Brewers jerseys, I have not seen a single jersey that was lacking the manufacturer's tag on the front tail, it should be from Majestic in 2005, or the 0062 tag from the inside tail, although some have bee trimmed when I received them from the players all the way to the seam. This can be attributd to the player, in this case Johnny Estrada, not wanting the tag rubbing against him during games.

And for the jersey not being in the MLB database, I don't know why it wouldn't be in the database from 2006 as all the jerseys I have purchased from the Brewers have had the jerseys in the database from the date I purchased them. The only reason I can come up with this jersey not being in the database is if they just misplaced it when they sold it or the guy piced it up from a charity auction in the Milwaukee area, as the Brewers give out a good number of jerse to charity auctions, and they had to ship it so quickly that it didn't get put in the database.

If you have any other questions regarding Brewers jerseys in the recent past or more regarding the Sheets send me an e-mail.

-Andrew
Manningfan4ever@yahoo.com